Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

robin from maine

Awesome!  I'm half your age and that was my goal in my last 5k Smile

Thanks!  I'm sure you'll surpassing that goal in the future.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Missed 3 straight days running because of work.

Hit my 60 mile goal still. 60.3 mile week.

Sat- 30 Sun 15. Probably not the best training method!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Runslowalksalot

That's tough Clay!  good job!!!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Heavy rains. Canceled the long run. Decided to actually race. Ran in  rain vest and pants.Took off the vest at mile 2. Did not start back raining until 10:00 after I finished. Very surprised with results.

7/19/2014

ATC Decatur YMCA

Race 4.0 mi 32:02 8:01 499 Run
          • unofficial

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Ran a new 10k PR today of about 46 sec under previous best. 43:38.5 which also got me my first age-group award, which was first place, males 50-54.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats.BQ looking good. A 46:30 -10k became a 3:37 at Fox Valley- St Charles,IL.

Ran a new 10k PR today of about 46 sec under previous best. 43:38.5 which also got me my first age-group award, which was first place, males 50-54.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Runslowalksalot

I wanted 11  miles TODAY to give me a weekly total of 30 miles, a 15 year high,  but I only got 10.   But I also paddled 18 with 2 gym days.   My legs are toast!    Oh well, 29 ain't bad.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

CONGRATS

I wanted 11  miles TODAY to give me a weekly total of 30 miles, a 15 year high,  but I only got 10.   But I also paddled 18 with 2 gym days.   My legs are toast!    Oh well, 29 ain't bad.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

9 miles in the heat

26*C or 78*F. Hot. About 10% more humid than we are used to.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Latent Runner

Went for a run with Mrs. Shipo this morning; we did just over 10 at about a 9:00 pace.

Sitting around a couple of hours later I was feeling restless and went back out to the trail and put in another 12 at about the same pace; my highest number of miles in such a short time frame since I ran my one and only marathon back in 1979.  Now I'm ready for some milk and cookies and bed.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                      • 2-mile: 13:49
                      • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                      • 5-Mile: 37:24
                      • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                      • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                      • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
                      Marylander

Today marks the end of my first official year as a runner. I'm finally calling myself a runner now. I've actually been running for years but it was a year ago that I decided that I wasn't "just" running to support my daughter/be her running partner but that I was doing this for myself with my own goals. I did my first 'real' race (Frederick Half Marathon in something like 2:00:18) and have plans for my second with a PR time (Baltimore Half Marathon).

To cap it all off I completed a 365 running streak (1 mile per day minimum) this evening with 1000 miles. I had some setbacks recently - twisted my ankle pretty good at the beginning of June followed by a "heavy growth" MRSA infection complete with IV antibiotics and some nasty oral antibiotics - but I managed to get in at least a mile a day and pulled off a couple half decent runs this week to get the 1000 miles.

I'm pretty psyched. Wink

obiebyke

Marylander, congrats! I took a look at your log and it was so exciting! I expected you to be blazing (I don't know--a 2:00 half marathon sounds fast to me), but you just get out there. (And you're still faster than I am, let's be real. Big grin) Fired me up!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

coachangie22

link spam...

probably not fast enough

I'm 46, about 20-30 lbs overweight, never seriously exercised in my life, and last october I decided to take an active role in my health by walk/jogging on a treadmill.  I eventually moved off the treadmill and I've built up to being able to run 2.5 miles at 12 min pace and 4-5 miles at 13, but tonight, I went out for a one-mile time trial, and actually managed 9:36!  It's a small victory for sure, but I'm quite excited about breaking into single digits, even if only for a mile .

Latent Runner

Congratulations on breaking the 10:00 barrier.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                                • 2-mile: 13:49
                                • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                                • 5-Mile: 37:24
                                • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                                • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                                • Half Marathon: 1:42:13