Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

I've been sorta busy today. I ran 10 miles this A.M with a friend of mine and we came back to my place for some coffee, her idea. I typically don't drink coffee after running, i'm too sweaty and hot. I didn't think anything of it at first, her coming in and all, she's been to my place half a dozen times now. Anyway, one thing leads to another and we get it on, and she goes off to work. I 'm stoked for some early morning action, no girl friend so i'm good.  Late lunch with some friends that brought a girl with them that i've known for some time, and didn't realize she was coming along too, was PSYCHED, i actually like this chick.. We get to talkin' and head back to my place to hang by the pool, and drink some beers, we get it on too. Now, i have another friend of mine coming over in half an hour, to watch a flick and drink some wine, AND get it on too. This has gotta be one of, if not THE best day of my life, getting to bang three different girls in one day, with absolutely no planning involved.

erinr

While I'm not lucky enough to get to bang manfromnantucket today, I did realize that I've exceeded my previous monthly record (set last month) of 120 miles by 36 miles, and I have 20 more planned for tomorrow.  August has been my big push for my first marathon, the first weekend of October.  I feel a lot better about how tired my legs feel now.

Evolving body parts

@ekat  

I'm sure he offers rain checks.

erinr

@ekat  

I'm sure he offers rain checks.

**fingers crossed!** 

Wing

Joggaholic

Got the lowest cholesterol number in at least the last 10 years! (I have no records before then)

Year: Total/HDL/LDL/Trig.

14: 157/65/81/54

13: 197/94/81/110

12: 193/70/72/254

11: 197/56/111/153

10: 214/75/115/118 <<< This prompted me to start running!

npaden

Hit 5,000 miles since I started working on losing weight and getting in shape back in 2011.

2011 - 262.3 miles - 10:15 avg pace

2012 - 1,357.3 miles - 10:22 avg pace

2013 - 2,016.6 miles - 9:24 avg pace

2014 - 1,365.4 miles - 9:14 avg pace

Total = 5,001.5 miles - 9:40 avg pace

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Mission accomplished
                Saturday 10 + 10
                Sunday 30 --7.5 hours. Right on pace including food and restroom breaks.
                1500 mile pace Bunny beaten
                2000 mile pace Bunny caught

4th consecutive month over 200 miles.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

I may have set a record for my slowest run ever (thanks to many stops along the way), and it was awesome.

Last night I looked up ever building on the north side of Chicago that is on the National Register of Historic Places, and mapped out a few different running routes to take them all in.  I just wanted a little joggy jog today, so I set off to see 10 of these buildings along with three that are Chicago Landmarks (they are just as impressive, but unlike the Nat'l Places, owners don't have a say in their designation which keeps neer-do-wells from buying a house of historical significance and tearing it down to build a hideous high rise).

I've been by most of these houses and buildings, but with the exception of a Frank Lloyd Wright house, was unaware of their backgrounds. Today I brought along a sheet with historical and architectural notes on each place. There were Prairie Style houses (including some from George Maher and Frank Lloyd Wright), a bunch of American Four Square homes and mansions (swoon), an Art Deco "skyscraper" (fourteen floors) composed of Indiana limestone, and a number of buildings that told the tale of a far out suburb that was annexed by the city of Chicago in 1891 and settled by those with new money.

It is kind of cool to get to explore and learn more about your own city. I like running for running's sake, but getting to use it as a way to get to interesting places faster seems pretty worthwhile.

MTA:  The National Register of Historic Places has 89,150 listings. I found Wikipedia to be a good source for finding places near me. It was better than the NPS website.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Hit MP for the first time since May.  Just for a half-mile . . . and probably helped by the gusting wind blowing over the Lakeshore path on my return-trip.  Still, it was rather nice.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

jpdeaux

What an awesome idea, well executed. I love this. It's a great alternative to our mostly aimless and pointless running routes.

Will you be running tours? (heh) Sign me up in advance for the Boston one. Or the East Side of Providence Tour.

I may have set a record for my slowest run ever (thanks to many stops along the way), and it was awesome.

It is kind of cool to get to explore and learn more about your own city. I like running for running's sake, but getting to use it as a way to get to interesting places faster seems pretty worthwhile.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

What an awesome idea, well executed. I love this. It's a great alternative to our mostly aimless and pointless running routes.

Will you be running tours? (heh) Sign me up in advance for the Boston one. Or the East Side of Providence Tour.

Yes, I was going to ask for a Chicago joggy-jog tour.  Maybe a new business for you, WG!

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Yes, I was going to ask for a Chicago joggy-jog tour.  Maybe a new business for you, WG!

The cost of a personalized running tour is $75 for a run up to 6 miles and $5 for each additional mile per person.

WG, you could make a bundle doing ultra-tours.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Kalsarikännit

I would totally take you on a joggy-jog tour, LedLincoln!

I've seen that there is a group called City Running Tours that serves a bunch of cities (including Boston and Providence, jpdeaux).  I have never heard any feedback about them. I imagine they cover the basics if you are visiting a new city. Our local Fleet Feet had once a month historical jogs in the spring and fall. We ran the route of the great chicago fire, Columbian Exposition, cemeteries of Chicago (they were outside of city limits, so it followed Chicago's expansion), and various neighborhoods. They were great, but ended a few years ago.

I'm going to keep this up on my own (or see if some friends want to join me).  There's a lot out there to be discovered.

Kalsarikännit

The cost of a personalized running tour is $75 for a run up to 6 miles and $5 for each additional mile per person.

WG, you could make a bundle doing ultra-tours.

Woo-hoo!  This could be my ticket to becoming a hundredaire one day.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

PB--- 4th consecutive month 200+ miles.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/