Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

KYRunner859

Slow Runner

Yes I did lol....and I'm gonna keep at it!! Thanks

NEW TO RUNNING DISTANCE, BUT ENJOYING IT!!!

3K PR - 15.53

5K PR - 25.19

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats

First 5K and distance run and finished 16th of 352 and 3rd of 63 in my age group......most ran the 10 Miler so thinned the field. But hey it was an accomplishment in my book. 25.19 was my time.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

erinr

I've always struggled to run consistently, but I really want to build a bigger base and become a stronger, faster runner this year.  After a very inconsistent winter and a resulting mediocre half marathon yesterday, I decided to start a running streak to build betters habits.  So today was Day 2

29 degrees F and 7.16 miles this morning, steady 11:20 pace to start the week out.

npaden

Saturday I ran the farthest I've ever run in my life.  31.6 miles.

Ended the week with 84.1 miles, also a new personal best for me.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Saturday I ran the farthest I've ever run in my life.  31.6 miles.

Ended the week with 84.1 miles, also a new personal best for me.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

NP, that's awesome! Smile

I've always struggled to run consistently, but I really want to build a bigger base and become a stronger, faster runner this year.  After a very inconsistent winter and a resulting mediocre half marathon yesterday, I decided to start a running streak to build betters habits.  So today was Day 2

If you are using your log here, open it up to be public. Sometimes it helps to know someone else can see it if you are trying to run more consistently. Good job!

My victory for the day was 4.35 miles in the wind. 31 gusting to 41kph and it felt like I was always in headwind. Plus it's suddenly 21*C (69*f) when a few days ago it was frosty in the morning. Darn wind, but small win!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

WTG, runnerclay!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG, runnerclay!

Glad I did not have to compete with you!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

erinr

NP, that's awesome! Smile

If you are using your log here, open it up to be public. Sometimes it helps to know someone else can see it if you are trying to run more consistently. Good job!

My victory for the day was 4.35 miles in the wind. 31 gusting to 41kph and it felt like I was always in headwind. Plus it's suddenly 21*C (69*f) when a few days ago it was frosty in the morning. Darn wind, but small win!

Good idea.  I thought it was public but I guess not.  It is now.  Today was Day 11!  Most of the runs are pretty puny mileage, but I'm also working on getting into the habit of running first thing in the morning (before breakfast) during the week and am still adjusting to that.  I figure something's better than nothing, which is what I was doing before Smile

erinr

18 days into my streak, which is far and away a record for me.  Best part was I planned 6 miles on Sunday and ended up doing 7 because it was so nice outside, then a planned easy 4 the next day turned into a little-faster-than-planned 7 (that's what I get for running with someone else after watching Boston!).  But my legs feel pretty normal today.  I'm thinking maybe I can bump my mileage up a little faster than I'd planned.

dgembara

Got out and actually ran for the first time in months. I've gotten away from it in the last year or so, and haven't really done anything. I ran a couple miles Thursday, then did a 5k this morning. I kind of forgot that I had signed up for the 5k, so I guess I was forced back into running by myself. I ended up running it a bit under 8 minute pace, which surprised me, because I literally haven't done anything in months. My pacing was awful though, so that'll definitely need work as I get back into shape.

jfa

Lots of good achievements here.

After 8 years and 15 marathons, this morning I qualified for Boston for the first time ever.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG eket and Joe.

eket remember slow and easy is the best way back.

Joe congrats on the BQ

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter