Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5609 times)

Swadvad

Completed my first half-marathon on Saturday.  Soaring Wings in Conway, Arkansas.  Great race!
      I ran a 10K on Sunday and I beat a person who registered under the name of  "Yoda Jedimaster."

Swadvad

I ran a 10K on Sunday and I beat a person who registered under the name of  "Yoda Jedimaster."

You should have won.  He has very short legs! 

On Sunday, I was able to compete in my second race (a 9.5K) after a year and half of injuries since my first one (10K).  My results were about the same for both, so I may not have gotten any better, but I haven't gotten any worse .
          half-fast

Completed 180+ mi for the month...injury free!  Woo hoo!
              Completed 180+ mi for the month...injury free!  Woo hoo!

Who gave you permission to take tomorrow off?

Best Present Ever

last weekend, I placed second in my age group in a 10k.  I was originally listed as 3rd, but the person before me disappeared from the results during the week and I became second.  Gotta love small races!  I finished in 52:36, which is scarcely a scorching pace.  The woman who won our age group finished in 37Tight lippedx!   Nonetheless, I placed in an offical race, and feel pretty gosh darn special.

Consistently Slow

last weekend, I placed second in my age group in a 10k.  I was originally listed as 3rd, but the person before me disappeared from the results during the week and I became second.  Gotta love small races!  I finished in 52:36, which is scarcely a scorching pace.  The woman who won our age group finished in 37Tight lippedx!   Nonetheless, I placed in an offical race, and feel pretty gosh darn special.

Congrats!

Run until the trail runs out.

2014***1500 miles

50 miler 13:26:18

Race Less Train More

Ana Trason  "Living Her Life"

"The Marble in The Groove"

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Beware, batbear...

i've barely been able to run due to a crazy schedule and wonky foot, but i did 3 miles with my daughter's GOTR group today and it was great!

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

xor

Zoom will kill me, but I just now figured out what 'GOTR' stands for.  Ah.

RunsForCake

i've barely been able to run due to a crazy schedule and wonky foot, but i did 3 miles with my daughter's GOTR group today and it was great!

GOTR is an awesome organization!

^5

Ran 13+ miles for the first time EVER!!!  My half is not until December so I'm pumped!
                            another new over 50 yrs old pr for me!    21:53 5k  was shooting for 21:30 but miles 1-2.5 against a stubborn headwind.
                            RunsForCake

My little victory for the week:

I ran exactly the same distance two weeks in a row, 31.2 miles, but my time for this week's runs were 3 minutes and 16 seconds faster compared to last week's runs!

10/26/2009 — 11/1/2009: 31.2 Mi 5:20:31
                              10/19/2009 — 10/25/2009: 31.2 Mi 5:23:47

i ran 5km "fun run" in a bumble bee costume today.  buzzzzzzzed thru the finish line.
                                "Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi