Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Believe

So, outside of God's hand, yuo can look at my log and see that in no way should I have been able to run the KDF minMarathon as fast as I did.  I ran 1:44:49 or 8 min/mi and set a PR by 11 seconds over 2012's Repbublic Bank half.  God is definitely good all the time.  I am seven weeks from 54 y.o and set a PR.  If you know me, you know that I have never been fast, so onward and upward.  To God be the glory.

By the way, IT FELT AWESOME.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Raced the Harbor Fitness 5k yesterday in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Knocked my previous pr of 18:12 down to 17:41. Got 2nd place despite having a good amount left in the tank. Missed first by 9 seconds. I trailed him, slowly gaining for the entire last mile. I should have pushed it more but felt like I might puke. Regardless, super pleased with my race!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
      Gatorade Endurance Team

Must have been a slow day for god.  Nice to see he had some free time to help you out on your race.  Maybe now he can put his focus back on Nepal.

So, outside of God's hand, ...

Believe

Must have been a slow day for god.  Nice to see he had some free time to help you out on your race.  Maybe now he can put his focus back on Nepal.

So Millar I think the proper response is "whatever".  I will however pray for you and for Nepal.  God loves you.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I am seven weeks from 54 y.o and set a PR.  If you know me, you know that I have never been fast, so onward and upward.

By the way, IT FELT AWESOME.

I don't know you. However, you ran 7.7 miles at 8:12 pace 5 days before the race. A 2 week taper would probably have smashed  your PR. Congrats.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Christirei

I have always been one that enjoys sleeping in on my off days, but I joined the Holiday Streak last Thanksgiving and then never stopped, I will hit 165 days tomorrow (which is huge for me!) and then I will probably have to break the streak. Going out of town with my family for a spur of the moment vacation and it looks like things are going to be complicated with running and family. I have enjoyed the streak immensely though and it is something that I never thought I would ever do!

erinr

I have always been one that enjoys sleeping in on my off days, but I joined the Holiday Streak last Thanksgiving and then never stopped, I will hit 165 days tomorrow (which is huge for me!) and then I will probably have to break the streak. Going out of town with my family for a spur of the moment vacation and it looks like things are going to be complicated with running and family. I have enjoyed the streak immensely though and it is something that I never thought I would ever do!

That's awesome!  I'm the same way.  Today is 42 days--6 weeks!--for my streak.  Tomorrow will be the last day.  But I think I've built some good consistency.  I'm a little surprised I made it Smile

PRd in the Colfax Half Marathon - 1:43:50.  A PR of 48 seconds, included a 1 minute porta-potty break.  Beat my course PR by 12 minutes run last year.  This course shouldn't be hard, but I've been 10 minutes slower on it every year than another course in Denver that has double the ups and downs (Rock'n'Roll Denver Half).

alexdcro

Raced the Bucharest Half Marathon, first half ever. So 2 PRs, longest distance and best time 2:13:46. Not the greatest running base and training but the race was fine, I was hoping for a sub 2:30 so I'm very happy with my time.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

kmalsom

alexdcor

Congrats

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Finally had a run under the 7mm pace since my injury and it felt ok on the achilles (10 mi @ 6:40/pace), maybe I'm closer to returning than I think. Smile

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Stuck it out for the full 90 minutes of my long run today with wind 38 gusting to 50kph. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

This is not much of a goal compared to your crazy achievements, but I ran six days in a row for the first time, ever.  It's been a struggle for me to get past 4 or 5 days per week, which has meant all the mileage gets crammed into the long run (for a half), which burns me out badly, so I'm trying to run for shorter distances more often before I start training for a half again.

erinr

I ran my first 5k in a year yesterday (I've done a few other longer races since then, but the 5k is its own special kind of suffering   ).  It was an evening race and 72 degrees out, which was kind of brutal.  I ran 23:54, which is a little slower than I was hoping for, but good enough for 3rd place in my AG.  It wasn't the easiest course, so now I need to find a nice flat one where I can hopefully PR (or I can just start running more...).

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I ran my first 5k in a year yesterday (I've done a few other longer races since then, but the 5k is its own special kind of suffering   ).  It was an evening race and 72 degrees out, which was kind of brutal.  I ran 23:54, which is a little slower than I was hoping for, but good enough for 3rd place in my AG.  It wasn't the easiest course, so now I need to find a nice flat one where I can hopefully PR (or I can just start running more...).

Congrats.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter