Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Loves the outdoors

I have hit a healthy BMI for the first time in 20 years Smile 34kg lost (75lbs in US speak) and I feel very very very excited! I have running to thank, but not in the way most people think. The running is not what has made me lose weight, how much I eat is SO much more important for me to lose weight. However, the huge motivation I have for improving my running has made me never lose sight of my end goal for the first time Smile  A healthy me Smile And strangely this time it's almost felt easy.  Running is apparently where my mojo comes from ;-)

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

os,

now that's what I'm talking about!!  what a great post & great achievement!!  you should be "very very very excited" and yes proper nutrition/eating habits is probably 80% of the equation.

RunsForCake

I have hit a healthy BMI for the first time in 20 years Smile 34kg lost (75lbs in US speak) and I feel very very very excited! I have running to thank, but not in the way most people think. The running is not what has made me lose weight, how much I eat is SO much more important for me to lose weight. However, the huge motivation I have for improving my running has made me never lose sight of my end goal for the first time Smile  A healthy me Smile And strangely this time it's almost felt easy.  Running is apparently where my mojo comes from ;-)

Awesome accomplishment!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

For 20 years a guy ,I have no idea of how he looks, has finished ahead of me at races. I checked today and realized I beat him. One of life's goal down. He may have been injured  but that is OK too.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I just completed my highest weekly total of 40.7 miles since I started logging my mileage.

The part that I'm proudest of was that not 1/10 of a mile was done indoors. The temps have been in the teens and low 20's with wind chills in the low single digits most times when I've ran and I still completed  ALL 40.7 miles outside.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I just completed my highest weekly total of 40.7 miles since I started logging my mileage.

The part that I'm proudest of was that not 1/10 of a mile was done indoors. The temps have been in the teens and low 20's with wind chills in the low single digits most times when I've ran and I still completed  ALL 40.7 miles outside.

Congrats on being Hard Core.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

KBT

Easily Amused

I did my first HM yesterday. Took me 2:50 to finish, but considering that 5 months ago I was a confirmed couch potato, I'm pretty darn pleased.
                My blog: http://www.follyorfeasible.com
                  Bravo to the engineers of wicking fabrics.  Today I ran for the first time in freezing rain.  Slow; treacherous footing; but under my technical layers it felt like a normal day in the asics.
                  AXes

I did my first HM yesterday. Took me 2:50 to finish, but considering that 5 months ago I was a confirmed couch potato, I'm pretty darn pleased.

Congratulations!  Sounds like you enjoyed it.  Keep at it.  Now you have a time to shoot for on the next one. 

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

xor

The bad news is that I had to retract my 3:18 goal for today's supposed go-fast race at the Dallas White Rock Marathon because I was feeling really crappy.

The good news is that I started feeling better about M10, and got my shit together and ran.

1:48/1:43 split.  3:31. My fastest since May 2008.

an amazing likeness

Holy crap, that is some Speedy Lopez work right there. 5 min negative split !   Way  to rock the casbah.

And...get to visit with Dad as well ?  That's a good weekend's work.

mta: negative <> positive...sorry.  Blame it on the beer...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

Negative split, buster.

And a 5 minute negative split is not really a good thing in and of itself.  It either means that I sandbagged the first half (aka, could have run it faster) *or* in my case I had to shake off The Grim.

Yes, got to visit the folks too.  My dad is snoring next to me right now!

Awesome - I also had a good (though much slower) day doing the White Rock Half - 2:02:17 - new PR by over 5 mins.

2017 Goals
                            1) Run more than 231 miles
                            2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Mariposai

my great victory was that I ran more miles than degrees. 16 mile with 6 miles at MP in 15F...wrhhh....that was cold and it took an once of stubbornness to do it.

and I ran this just because and not because my trainning said so...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Menace to Sobriety

Daughters and I ran the half at Kiawah on Sat.

Dad: 1:56:40 only about 30 secs off PR

DD1:  2:06:40 (First ever half)

DD2:  2:30:10 (very little training  or sleep for the last month (senior projects and exams) nothing longer  than a 30 min run over the last month or so, and only a running 2-3 times/week.

Best thing was just hangin' out with the kids for the weekend.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.