Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Cool Jump Suit

Over 500 miles this year today!!!  Actually, it is more than that, but I just started with RA entries at the end of August!   Hopefully next year's mileage will quadruple!!!

So bittersweet,
    This tragedy
    Won't ask for absolution;
    This melody,
    Inside of me,
    Still searches for solution.
    A twist of faith,
    A change of heart
    Cures my infatuation.
    A broken heart, 
    Provides the spark
    For my determination.

most excellent work!
      Mariposai

My victory is that I said no to that very tempting cheesecake that I was offered (which I love)and went out for an 8 miles run instead. Small victory...but a victory nonetheless.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Loves the outdoors

I met my impossible goal from the beginning of the year last night in a local 5K race. I broke 30 minutes, for a new PB of 29:45. My last 5K race in late September was 32:33, so it was a huge PB.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

I met my impossible goal from the beginning of the year last night in a local 5K race. I broke 30 minutes, for a new PB of 29:45. My last 5K race in late September was 32:33, so it was a huge PB.

Thtas a nice race time improvement. Next stop....sub 29

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

RunsForCake

Over 500 miles this year today!!!  Actually, it is more than that, but I just started with RA entries at the end of August!   Hopefully next year's mileage will quadruple!!!

Awesome!  If I remember correctly you are coming back after injury.

I feel your pain.  I started back running the end of June this year after a long recovery from a femoral stress fracture.

Hit over 700 miles for the year today!  I'm hoping to stay injury free for all of 2010 and at least doubling that mileage. 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Nice!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

My victory is that I said no to that very tempting cheesecake that I was offered (which I love)and went out for an 8 miles run instead. Small victory...but a victory nonetheless.

Small victory depends on how much cake you would have eaten.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Bonnien5

I ran my first ever straight 6 miles today! I am training for my first half marathon in only 10 weeks and I'm nervous but today made me feel excited!
                      Ran 6 miles in 36 min. I had to do it on a treadmill, KC got alot of snow.
                      nesman89

Ran 6.2 miles in 3 inches of snow and 18 degrees.  first time ever running in snow and that cold of a temp.  it was very difficult especially the hills. 
                        Shikari1

Cotton mouth

Ran just over 10 miles at 29 degrees with wind gusts from 10-30 mph and snow.

Feel great now that it's over.

Imminent Catastrophe

6.8 in the cold rain & wind put me over 1500 and most miles in a year. Yay.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

RunsForCake

6.8 in the cold rain & wind put me over 1500 and most miles in a year. Yay.

Watch your knees kid! 

Just went over 1,800 miles today..........

2,000 next year

Champions are made when no one is watching