Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5651 times)

OK -- for serious now.

Ran some strong 800m intervals (5x) in the middle of a 10-mile run during the middle of a 101 degree day. And it felt good and right.

Purdey pleased?

Aahhh - just got that - it probably only works really well if you speak with an American accent. 

Well played though anyway.

RunsForCake

Purdey pleased?

With sugar on top and a cherry?

RunsForCake

OK -- for serious now.

Ran some strong 800m intervals (5x) in the middle of a 10-mile run during the middle of a 101 degree day. And it felt good and right.

*thud*

Temps like that are exactly why I'm a pre dawn runner.

Great job and how much weight were you down when you got back...I'm sure you probably sweated out at least 5 lbs. 

...---...

this is a great thread,  should be weekly, maybe every Monday after weekend races/runs.  what does everyone think??

Yep - good thread. Bares repeating or continuation (if not repeating, maybe a sticky). 

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Great job and how much weight were you down when you got back...I'm sure you probably sweated out at least 5 lbs. 

Right around there, yeah. I drank quite a bit at the 8-mile mark, so the weight loss didn't look too terribly drastic.

Purdey --

Those are some serious numbers you are posting. Good job.

Had the longest run (time wise) of my life today. Ran for 3 hours and 14 minutes, and covered 23.4 miles on a very hilly course. My 10 year old son rode his bike along side.  I was surprised he wanted to ride for that long and for that distance given the run started at 5:00 am.

Consistently Slow

13 mile run today. 3 months in a row with over 100 miles. The last time was May,June and July 2008.

Run until the trail runs out.

2014***1500 miles 09/28/14

50miler 13:26:18

Race Less Train More

Ana Trason  "Living Her Life"

"The Marble in The Groove"

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Beware, batbear...

11.77 miles today.  My first run ever of 2 hrs!

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

peggya111

Didn't run today but I went ROCK CLIMBING for the FIRST time in my entire 55 years!  I was always too fat and in my mind, I just couldn't put myself through the embarrassment of hanging up there in all my 200+ pounds.  Not so anymore.  Scratch this one off the Bucket List!!

Upcoming Races Disneyland Half AF Halloween Fun Run Disney World Half Ogden Marathon (I think...)

HobbyJogger & HobbyRacer

- Thank goodness for patient understanding spouses and a strong lawnmower engine.

+1 Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

This morning I fell 2.5k in to my run.  Scraped hands, knees and side of my leg.  But no serious injury so I got up and carried on and finished my 20k run Smile
                            I survived a long night at work with super stiff and twinging legs after my 2nd 20 miler yesterday.. and broke 20 days consecutive running, which is a big milestone for me because even in my hardcore high school XC days it was 5 1/2 days a week (1/2 is for the easy saturday jog-around), albeit 5 of those days had 2 workouts each.
                            RunsForCake

I love this thread...so motivating!

I ran my own personal half marathon yesterday (13.11 miles)

No water stations though... LOL!

thewillhoit

Yesterday, I ran 15 miles.  First time I have gone that far.