Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Outside Lane

Ran a 5K today - by myself - local trail.  No PR (far from it), but slowly getting back into it now.  Beautiful day to run.

See how they run...

hey beatlemanic,  I'm listening to "breakfast with the Beatles" right now.  Every Sunday am 8-10 kzok, Seattle.

ran 8+ in steady rain yesterday (good day sunshine), partner showed up with foot injury so had to suck it up by myself.  30+ miles for week for 3rd time out of last 4 weeks!  not done since over 25 yrs ago!  needed day off today (9 days straight).  great job on your 5k!

RunsForCake

Nice job Beatlemaniac!  I have only done one trail race (last fall...a 10K) and really enjoyed it.  Maybe I'll sign up again for this year.

Skyedog:  ^5 on the multiple 30+ weekly mileage.

I have nothing big to report.  Right achilles tendon is being a little bitch right now so I took two days off earlier in the week and got out and did 11.08 miles yesterday.  Iced and sticked it and it feels much better today.  So a small victory. 

I have my first post injury race on September 26th (10k in Chicago) so I'm hoping it does not become an ongoing issue.

hokiemamba

I ran 7.05 miles for the first time EVER!   And, I ran for 93 minutes all in a row without walking a single step of it.  Felt GREAT!!!  Okay, so it's slow and not that far, but I'm going to be 50 in a couple of weeks and that damned Valerie Bertinelli is not going to make me feel bad about myself for much longer.
          dickmac1522

Returning slowly from two heart operations and one heart attack this past June....just walking in order to keep HR in a controlled range...did 6.0 miles yesterday and 7.5 miles today!!  Felt really comfortable and pace was quite surprising...did 15:00/miles without running a step.
              Returning slowly from two heart operations and one heart attack this past June....just walking in order to keep HR in a controlled range...did 6.0 miles yesterday and 7.5 miles today!!  Felt really comfortable and pace was quite surprising...did 15:00/miles without running a step.

I met a fellow that turned to walking after a heart attack.  His half marathon WALK time is 2:10:00.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

HoosRunning

Yesterday, I shaved 1:20 off my pace from last year in the Charlottesville Women's Four Miler, AND I raised funds for breast cancer research & support.
                  outstanding job everyone!!  nothing wrong with walking or running "slow" !   just keeping doing it!!

Get Lost :)

I had a good weekend. My long run yesterday gave me some confidence about my race preparation, because I enjoyed every moment of the run; the hours flew by. What's great was that it was a solo run, which are sometimes hard on the ol' motivation, but I stayed hydrated and stuff and had a great time. Mostly healthy ....

Today I got a text message from a friend, a bike ride offer, so within minutes of waking up I was running around my apartment looking for my cycling shoes and bike junk. We are having a particularly beautiful day in Boston area right now, and the ride was pretty amazing. I had several "Wish I had my camera" moments. Thank goodness some of my hill running translated to hill riding. It's funny to me how much faster you go on bike. I still prefer the run, but it was a great rest day activity.

Right on Hereford...

This morning's 18+ miler makes Thunder's 18-miler from yesterday look like child's play.

This morning's 18-miler makes mikey's 18-miler from last week look like child's play.

Well, that's certainly up for debate, but damn if I didn't have one of the best workouts of my life today.

Great thread.

And PURDEY! Wow.

...---...

Finished my first 50K.

In the words of Forrest Gump: "I'm pretty tired now. I think I'll go home."

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

JEH

Just ran 8 miles! and did it in a 9min pace, next week will shoot for 9 miles.  Running in the cooler weather really helps my time.
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

After running 7.2 miles yesterday morning, I dragged myself out of a comfy hotel bed at 6:30 AM to run another 5 miles just now.  Whoo hoo!  Felt pretty good.

RunsForCake

Awesome job everybody!

Dickmac...you are extra inspirational!  Good luck on your continued recovery and racking up the more mileage! 

Runner67...50k...*thud*  I hope you celebrated with a beer or 12! 

JEH...I love the cooler temps too.  We've had a pretty mild summer but when the mornings are in the low 50's/high 40's I really come alive!

I did 8 miles this AM.  It was nice to "sleep in" a bit instead of dragging my ass out he door at 5 AM. 

Tortoise

Ran for 35 minutes yesterday, the longest I've ever gone. I went out for a 30 minute run, totally not planning to go any longer, but I felt comfortable and was really surprised when I looked at my watch and saw that I was already a few seconds past 30 minutes, so I said, "Self, you feel great and you are not THAT far from home and you're getting there under the power of your own two legs one way or the other, KEEP RUNNING."

A tiny victory compared to some, but I was so damn proud of myself. Smile

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."