Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I did my hill workout today and, although it was tough and I walked a bit at the top of the hills, I didn't feel beaten when I finished.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Way to go Meg! I had a rough time getting through an easy 4 today - (high humidity?),  but I just call those tough runs character builders. The next one is bound to be better!

Nice Meg!  I like hills.  Hills are fun, even when they are not. 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

This morning, near the end of my long run, I got chicked by a woman pushing a stroller!  I think I'm posting this as her accomplishment! Big grin

Doc, my tooth hurts

I finished my first 60 mile week and it is my highest mileage week to date!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I finished my first 60 mile week and it is my highest mileage week to date!

Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1st time 50+ miles 3 weeks in a row.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Cool Jump Suit

This is for my daughter Sara.  Today she rode her bicycle for the first time without training wheels!  It's been a LONG time coming.  She just took off....who knows?!?!  I ran with her for the first 2 and a half miles or so of my run tonight.  I could easily keep up with her with the training wheels on, not so much without them on.  So, here's to Sara!  You "felt the fear and did it anyway."  Big grin

So bittersweet,
                  This tragedy
                  Won't ask for absolution;
                  This melody,
                  Inside of me,
                  Still searches for solution.
                  A twist of faith,
                  A change of heart
                  Cures my infatuation.
                  A broken heart, 
                  Provides the spark
                  For my determination.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Go Sara!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Marylander

I just realized I've broken 3000 running miles. Smile

seanster

ME

First off, congrats to everyone else whose has posted!

I finally broke 20mins in the 5k after running btw. 20:00-20:59 19 times!  Dropped a 19:53 last night.

§ SIGNATURE§

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Was hoping to break 22:00 for 5K. Last year 22:37. Moved race to a new(HILLY) course. 5k 22:09 ATC Grand Finale. Getting closer to <22:00.Will look for a race after Sept marathon.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

hamx5ter

Ran my first anything at all.. City 2 Surf Sydney 2011 Smile

1:37 ... didn't get too ambitious about it as I haven't been running in more than 10 years, and my diligent attempt to put some miles on fell to pieces 3 weeks ago, leaving me with all of 3 weeks of very light training for my first 'race'.

Decided my aging knees don't need the punishment of running downhill on the road, and took it quite easy. Ran with the 405FR but turned off all the beeping and just kept it at a comfortable pace...

All up, very happy with the 1:37 since included a toilet stop Blush ( m u s t  re mem ber) + all the traffic (which was probably good for me).

Happy to be back to running again, glad I didn't die.. very annoyed with wife and kids who promised to regroup at the meeting point, but decided to go their own way... spent 2 hours walking up and down looking for them... 

Now comes the recovery pain... hopefully, this c2s has kickstarted the running again.. 

14/08/2011 15:17:40 ugh... forgot to mention the distance... 14km