Deleting old courses (Read 730 times)

adolphus

Just came over from Cool Running and noted that a lot of really old courses got transferred over. I have moved three times since I started that log. Is there anyway to get rid of old useless courses and not lose the data from those workouts?

Lazy idiot

If you click on "Courses" in your log, you should see a red "X" at the end of each row. Click on this to delete them.

Tick tock

adolphus

Thanks, I see that. But if I do that, will I lose all the data from those workouts? I don't want all those courses show up in the pop-up menu in the log, but I don't want to lose the old data. Forgive me if this is a newbie question, but a lot of people worked hard to transport that data and I don't want to lose anything. Thanks, Adolphus
        adolphus

Thanks, I see that. But if I do that, will I lose all the data from those workouts? I don't want all those courses show up in the pop-up menu in the log, but I don't want to lose the old data. Forgive me if this is a newbie question, but a lot of people worked hard to transport that data and I don't want to lose anything. Thanks, Adolphus
          adolphus

Not sure why that posted twice. My apologies

Lazy idiot

Sorry, I didn't read your question completely. My apologies! That I'm not sure of. After a time, only recently used courses show up in the drop-down list in your log. I'm guessing that since all your data is new to RA, all courses will load. Eric, any help you can offer?

Tick tock

FlashWilmot

I also need to know how to clean up the old courses. I have moved many times and have way too many courses to have to pick through to find my current ones. I tried limiting the months but even with 1 month all the courses still show up. Thanks.
                mikeymike

You can't delete a course that is in use, and that means if there is even one workout associated with it. If you want to delete an old course that you don't use any more, click on the course's name in your list of courses to see all the workouts associated with it. Then go into each of those workouts and change the course to "Random route." REMEMBER TO MANUALLY ENTER THE DISTANCE. Once you've done that you can delete the course. You won't lose any data. Because a lot of you imported your courses recently, all of your courses show up as recently used, so it will take a while before the time filter starts to work. In a few months the time filters will work better. One of the differences between CR and RA is that CR let you create an ad hoc course on the fly--so you wind up with boatloads of courses. In RA if you're running a course you'll probably never run again, or will run very infrequently, it's best to use "Random Route" and enter the distance manually.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A better way to do it is to use the Only show courses that I used in the last N months feature Click "Option" Click "My Log Preferences" Check "Only show courses that I used in the [] last months" Enter a number of months that you want to filter by (e.g., put in a 12 and your logging tool will only show courses from the past 12 months). Click "Update"
                      I tried limiting the months but even with 1 month all the courses still show up. Thanks.
                      Sure it takes awhile to read sometimes, but this was just 2 posts up. Sheeesh! Maybe there should be a 1 week limit.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That is probably because the courses were all "created" when you input them, so their last used date is just a week. You can give it a few weeks and they should vanish. Or Eric could change the way they are dated.
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

That is probably because the courses were all "created" when you input them, so their last used date is just a week. You can give it a few weeks and they should vanish. Or Eric could change the way they are dated.
                          Yeah, that's probably what happened. I had the same thing happen a few years ago when mine got imported. After a bit of time passed they stopped cluttering up the screen. I'm not sure if a "course created on" date is available on the log imports. And of course, to throw in my feature request: can we have a "show all" option/button for the courses? Sometimes I've not run a course for 6 months or a year (or longer) and I'm looking for it and I have to try to remember how long ago I'd run it in order to pull it up. I like that we have a "show all" button for when entering a run. I'd like to see something similar on the courses page.

Roads were made for journeys...