It is that time of year to ask the big question . . . (Read 2402 times)

The King of Beasts

Remind me to find out where your special Wisconsin beer dip is, just in case there is an "accident".

Besides, why would I hurt you?  Just because you spent a day chasing me down, forcing me to down nasty gu's, salt pills, and old cheese topped bagels?  (If that was grounds for murder A1 would have killed me long ago.  MMMmmm...hundreds of jet blackberry Gu).

I will run with you the whole time reminding you how the Bears beat the Packers.

I will need to start at 3 just to be safe and so I will be set for the start of the race.  I care nothing for the silly "rules" of that small, monkey infested park.

true.

and i am never, ever, Ever eating one of those again. (really never again) part of my brain died that day, there is not much left. not much at all.  When all of my weak mind is dead will I be faster or slower ??

About the dirtydirty double, i think I am out.  I was planning on taking one last shot at sub 2:50 this year at Huntsville Marathon. i think I can do that after monkey but not after the double monkey.  I could probably get in better 52 shape than I can Marathon shape, but I just want one more shot.

mta: i dont know about the quoting thing, yall can figure it out

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

DoppleBock

3:14:41.3

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

The King of Beasts

huh ?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

xor

A mirror view of pie!

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Updated it.  Thanks for the prediction.

Wow, the double Monkey!  Do you think that would be harder then running the flying pig twice?  Wink 

I've heard rumors that the Flying Monkey is filling up very fast these days.  How far in advance do you have to notify the race director you are doing the event?

If you decide to do the double monkey do you get a special medal or jacket for it?  What if you can only finish the first one?  Do you still get your medal or do you get nothing for your efforts since you did not run the offical race?  Just asking?  My interest is piqued by this idea.  It might be too much for me to handle though.  This is a lot to ask out of my fragile body. 

2011 Goals:
              Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
              Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
            DoppleBock

Running a double Monkey is stupid - It will not be rewarded

If you only finish the 1st one you get nothing - The finisher medal etc is only for the 2nd one.

I have not committed to 2x Monkey - Just thinking about it ... I think WG is starting @ 3:00 and hoping to be done by 4:30-4:40 to get set for the real race.  She is tough and can take care of her self - So I just need to figure out what I want to do.  I am a long shot to beat A1 already, but he deserves to have a good opponent ... I will not likely decide until November ... It is not a matter of being able to do it, its a matter of wanting to do it.  Anyone can ram their head into a wall - not everyone wants to. 

Updated it.  Thanks for the prediction.

Wow, the double Monkey!  Do you think that would be harder then running the flying pig twice?  Wink 

I've heard rumors that the Flying Monkey is filling up very fast these days.  How far in advance do you have to notify the race director you are doing the event?

If you decide to do the double monkey do you get a special medal or jacket for it?  What if you can only finish the first one?  Do you still get your medal or do you get nothing for your efforts since you did not run the offical race?  Just asking?  My interest is piqued by this idea.  It might be too much for me to handle though.  This is a lot to ask out of my fragile body. 

Anyone can ram their head into a wall - not everyone wants to.

This should be on the DoppleMonkey finisher's shirt.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The King of Beasts

I am a long shot to beat A1 already, but he deserves to have a good opponent ... 

no way I could run a sub 3 right now (you just did), I think you could take me again this year. depending on how we both train between now and then.

DoppleBock

Sandbagger

I believe on a perfect weather day with a light tailwind (That is what I got) you would be closer to 2:50.

I was in 3:05-3:07 shape on a normal day.

If I went out and ran a 5 mile race right now it would be > 32:30

But then again I am a gamer ... If I run the 2x Monkey, I sill plan on going sub 3:00 in the 2nd one ...

The King of Beasts

Sandbagger

I believe on a perfect weather day with a light tailwind (That is what I got) you would be closer to 2:50.

I was in 3:05-3:07 shape on a normal day.

If I went out and ran a 5 mile race right now it would be > 32:30

But then again I am a gamer ... If I run the 2x Monkey, I sill plan on going sub 3:00 in the 2nd one ...

I am talking about Today, not 6 weeks from now.

if I was gonna go under 2:50 it would have been after that 1:17 half.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Monkey filled in 32 minutes this year. 

Anybody can run the park anytime, so any monkey runner can go run at 4am if they want.

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

32 minutes?  I could be out on a short run and miss the time to sign up.  Gesh! 

2011 Goals:
                            Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                            Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
                          xhristopher

That is an interesting thought and even I don't know what I will do.  Lots of things could happen.  A lot will depend on if I qualify for Boston and if I do if I sign up right away to do the race.  I'm not sure even if I qualify for Boston if I will even run it.  It has just been a goal for me. 

Do any of you that own the jacket ever wear them out and about?  I feel like you should be proud of it and be able to wear it but that others might see it as showing off or something like that.  I was disappointed to see someone had them for sale at the PIG expo.  You shouldn't just be able to buy one of those things. You should have to earn it.  Enough ranting for this morning. 

BCR, since BAA has sold/given my email to addias, and I haven't opted out yet, I got this gem this today that reminded me of this tread.

Congratulations on qualifying. Your jacket is in. The BAA and adidas have created an exclusive collection of apparel to collect more of your money celebrate your elite status as a 2011 Boston Marathon Qualifier.

dd

xhristopher

I've seen Boston Marathon paraphernalia on the sale rounders at Dicks. The sports store around the corner sells it at the front of the running section. 

My legs aren't healed from Boston. Regardless, today I found 2011 Boston stuff 50% off on the sale rounders.

"They's just clothes." Now at a better price.