Wish me luck! (Read 884 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just submitted my application (online) for my first post-kid job (outside of my own freelance Photo work, which is pretty sporadic). I'm hoping to get a part-time one-hour photo lab job at a Walgreens being built less than 10 minutes away. I worked in a 1-hour lab over 10 years ago and it was my favorite job of every position I've ever held. Fun, laid-back, full of variety, lots of interesting customers with great photos and fascinating stories to go with them (as well as the drunken down-the-pants shots that frat boys don't realize the photo techs actually see as their stuff is printed). I likely won't make a whole lot, but it would help support my running gear-whoring and still give me time to do some volunteer work with my son's school and have ample time to get my runs in, too. Might be a way to get some more portraiture gigs, too. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Good luck Double-Z! Hope you get it! Maybe then you'll have a chance *cough* Garmin *cough* to treat yourself to something nice!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe then you'll have a chance *cough* Garmin *cough* to treat yourself to something nice!
        Yeah...like I ever needed an excuse to spend too much on running gear and gadgetry! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Good luck, K! Smile How many hours are you hoping to work?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good luck, K! Smile How many hours are you hoping to work?
            Thanks! Big grin ~25 would be ideal. I'd be happy with anything between 20-30. Oh, and how silly am I...it occured to me that Walgreens might sell Garmins. They do, but not the Forerunner models. Dang. I started fantasizing about using an employee discount towards one... k

~ Sarah Kay

Working at a photo lab, eh? Shoot, I can picture you there. Good luck, and let us know what develops. We don't want to be kept in the dark.
              My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                Good luck, Zoomy!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Working at a photo lab, eh? Shoot, I can picture you there. Good luck, and let us know what develops. We don't want to be kept in the dark.

~ Sarah Kay

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Get a job, ya mooch! Tongue did

lots of interesting customers with great photos and fascinating stories to go with them (as well as the drunken down-the-pants shots that frat boys don't realize the photo techs actually see as their stuff is printed).
                      Shocked, duplicates or a photo cd Did you ever see Robin Williams in One Hour Photo?

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did you ever see Robin Williams in One Hour Photo?
                        I never did, but that was one I always wanted to see. He played kind of a psycho in that, didn't he? k

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

I am sure you will learn a lot about your community! YIKES. Good luck.
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am sure you will learn a lot about your community! YIKES. Good luck.
                            Ha...probably not a good thing! I noticed another job that I'd be well qualified (over-qualified) for, but no thanks. Our nearest Sears has 4 PT openings in their portrait studio. Max pay $8/hour which includes trying to make overtired toddlers smile and telemarketing. No way in hell would I drive 30 minutes each way for that sort of torture. *shudders* k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

crossing my fingers for ya! when does the WG open?
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

crossing my fingers for ya! when does the WG open?
                                Not sure...according to their job site they won't list a location for sending an application to until 45 days prior to opening. The Whitehall location is still not showing, so my app. will be forwarded to the North Musk. store. I'd guess close to 2 months from now, which is perfect...that's when Dane starts back to school. k

~ Sarah Kay