I am Back!!! New Strategy...New Goals...Same old Me. (Read 686 times)

Hey guys. I posted like every day on here for a month. I left for many reasons. 1) The weather turned for a few weeks and it gave me a reason to sleep in (I can only run in the mornings) 2) I started running to lose weight, but never put myself on a nutrition plan. I really got frustrated that I could run...get faster...go longer...and not lose any real weight. 3) I lost focus on why I started running. I went out every morning to run faster and longer than I did the day before...instead of to run/walk and burn calories. So my new plan...I am already on a diet that I can maintane and it seems to be working. I eat oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, snack in midmorning (fruit), Healthy Choice Lunch with Fiber One Bar, Fruit in the afternoon, and reasonable supper...I feel like I could skip a meal all the time instead of always hungry. I have lost about 5 lbs in the first week (no excercise what-so-ever). So time to start some road work...Here is my plan. For two weeks walk for at least an hour 5 days a week...Fight all urges to start jogging but just walk. The next two weeks...run for fifteen and walk for another 45...the next two week run for 20 and walk for 40 and keep on upping the running 5 minutes every week and walking the remaining minutes. How does this sound? My nutrition is better than it has been over the last week than EVER! The weight should come off. I want to lose at least another 30 lbs. You Think this will work?
    2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
    Lisa3.1

Welcome back bumping that someone out there would re:
        I'd say start with three days a week doing the running and keep walking the other two until you're up to 30 min, then add 15 min to one of your walking days.

SMART Approach

Sounds reasonable but make sure the running is very comfortable pace. I think your nutrition plan sounds fine. Keep an eye on protein though. Adding a bit of protein to your snacks gets your metabolism cranking more than carbs. Maybe some walnuts, almonds or pistacios for one of those snacks especially in p.m. From a weight loss, blood sugar regulation and fuel replenishing standpoint, the body handles carbs a bit better in early a.m. and after work outs. My purpose is to not rip on fruit as we need the antioxidants and nutrition but eating a lot of fruit (fruit sugar/fructose) isn't the ideal stand alone snack. Fruit with a meal like breakfast and with some protein would be better. Or fruit after a work out would be more ideal. Also, protein tends to curb appetite and have minimal effect on blood sugar levels. Don't over think this but just some advice. If you work out or run a lot, you can probably ignore my advice above because your body will suck up whatever you consume.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Definitely can add some sort of protien, I love the adding walnuts or the like. That is something I can enjoy and do. My problem in the past has been that I just thought there were no healthy foods I enjoyed. I would go on a strict diet plan where the menu was made out for me, and I would end up HATING the food after a week. So far, I have enjoyed the food...one because I can appreciate the taste of it but also knowing I am not destroying my body as consume it has made eating so much more of an experience.
            2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)