I "thought" I was in shape (Read 883 times)

But, I just started a "boot camp" fitness class that is kicking my a*s. I am shocked and surprised at how hard it is. We do old fashioned ( not GIRL) push ups, jump rope, "sit" against the wall, crazy stuff you would never think of. She is totally hard core. She will yell at you and stand over you until you do it right. If you "drop", the class will have to do 10 pushups. She does something new every class, and today I pulled my butt muscle. I feel like such a loser!!!! Between other things we run, and that is the only thing I'm good at!!!!! I really thought my legs were stronger from running, but it has been a real eye opener for me.. Surprised

- Anya

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Well, there's a big difference between long distance running and a lot of the stuff you're doing. Granted, you will have much better endurance than you would without running, but it's not the same. I can remember being in great shape, and then playing flag football with my friends. Despite my fitness, I was shocked to find myself sore for days afterward. Different muscles, and they're being used a lot differently (and quickly due to the sprinting and cutbacks) than on a run. Hang in there, you'll make it!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Greatest of All Time

Your post reminds me of Army infantry basic training...and how much it sucked. But Ranger school was even worse. You will make it through, it just takes determination. Keep it up!
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ask did about the time he spent a couple of hours jumping on a trampoline with a bunch of kids. He was still whining 3 days later about hurting! Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ask did about the time he spent a couple of hours jumping on a trampoline with a bunch of kids.
            Heh, ask me about the time I mixed our big backyard trampoline with lots of beers...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

My legs are killing me

Your post reminds me of Army infantry basic training...and how much it sucked. But Ranger school was even worse. You will make it through, it just takes determination. Keep it up!
              It sucked until the drill sgts realized that making you do push-ups didn't matter anymore. After that it was a piece of cake.
                It sucked until the drill sgts realized that making you do push-ups didn't matter anymore. After that it was a piece of cake.
                Man I can't wait to get to that point. I've done push-ups before, but I guess I never did them correctly, and it is really, really hard for me just to get into the push-up position. She had us hold it there for 2 minutes and I seriously thought I would die. This was day 3, and it goes 2times a week for 6 weeks. It's GOT to get better!

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, ask me about the time I mixed our big backyard trampoline with lots of beers...
                  Dood, you have a trampoline?! I'll bet you watch "The Man Show," too! Clowning around

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

I don't know Big Duke Six, I pretty much thought pushups always sucked! And I hated the damn whistles...get up, get down, get up, get down.....arrgghh!!!
                    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.