Maybe a link to tutorial from new workout page (Read 534 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This might only benefit newbies, such as myself, but perhaps a link somewhere on the new workout page to some sort of intro. It could even point to this article: http://runningahead.com/forums/topic/7e67971bcd5540228ffebe75ce3fc95e (For example, Eric says he uses "mile splits" as an interval name. I did that too, and now that I see it there, I'm comforted to know that I stumbled onto an expected way to do it, and I'm not going about it some unexpected way.) Of course, keeping that up-to-date would require more time investment. Possibly a wiki would be a way to handle that -- if you believe you could trust the users to generally help and not hurt, if they had the ability to contribute content. Sometimes a wiki is a good way to get help documentation for newbies by leveraging the community.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

eric :)

That's a very good idea. I wanted to create a "library" for running knowledge, and maintain it via a wiki style interface. It was actually a project that I scoped out a long time ago because shelved because of more pressing needs. Oh well. One thing at a time.