New Forum - Milestones? (Read 594 times)

I was thinking of starting a new forum where people could share and celebrate personal goals. For new runners or experienced runners alike. I just accomplished 25 minutes of jogging with no walking and I'm pretty excited. I know I like sharing my milestones, even if I'm just beginning. And I'd love to celebrate other's milestones as well! Anyone have any thoughts on the group - or maybe I'm missing a place on this site where this is already done? Kimmer
    My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, I think that's a great idea! Really puts things in perspective, too. It wasn't that long ago that I was totally geeked about my own 25 non-stop minutes and now I am looking at 2 hours tomorrow. I think it helps to see others who are only a few months beyond us in terms of conditioning who have consistently progressed as inspiration. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I I just accomplished 25 minutes of jogging with no walking and I'm pretty excited. Kimmer
        And well you should be! I've always liked the following quote, and believe it applies as much to running as to anything else we do in life: “That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that the nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is increased” --Ralph Waldo Emerson So, keep persistin'!
        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Congrats, Kimmer! Big grin Keep up the good work!

Roads were made for journeys...

Okey dokey - I just created a group called 'Milestones'. Hope everyone comes on over to cheer everyone on!!! Kimmer
            My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me