signs of getting old? (Read 1406 times)

so when younger I was accident prone because of trying to go too fast & not careful enough but not since, until recently. 

1 1/2 weeks ago I had a runin with a weedeater & received several "slashes" on back of hand, not too deep or severe enough to miss work but still painful.  just taped it up & continued life as normal.

last night hit my head on edge of bathroom sink counter HARD. grabbed my head with both hands as it  knocked me to my knees & brought tears to my eyes.  got up with bloody hands & when stopping the flow found out I cut my head open.  headaches since.  this am, took more extra strength tylenol & decided to go for a short easy run as running almost always helps when not feeling well in mornings.  not this time.  wife made me call into work.

often it has been said that as we age we sometimes revert back to childhood.  So as I appear to be having a few more "accidents" maybe I'm reverting?? 

I dont want to slow down,  I don't want to grow old!!   I refuse!

#artbydmcbride

Keep getting older....we like having you around!  Big grin

Runners run

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Concussion?

Also, did you walk out of the bathroom and draw this?

Flux Capacitor (attempt 2)

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

been sleeping/resting on/off all day.  feeling better.

stadjak: picture not coming through, but no did not draw flux capacitor

keeponrunning

I'm trying to picture it:  how did you manage to get your hand in the way of the weedeater?  

And if you get klutzier as you get older, then I'm officially in deep deep trouble seeing as I'm not very old and very accident-prone. 

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

No, no, no, klutzy has nothing to do with getting old. 

I'm old.  I know I'm old because I was running one day and saw an attractive young woman playing ball with a little kid.  As I passed by, the kid yelled "throw me the ball, gramma".  Either the kid lied, or I'm old. 

a sure sign you are old is when you frantically look for your cellphone in the front seat of your car...and then realizing it is in your left hand because you are talking to someone on it...

Feeling the growl again

The first time I truly felt old was when I was running on an indoor track and a HS-aged girl accidentally cut me off.  She said "Oh sorry, excuse me, sir," like she would to one of her dad's pals.

I think I mentally aged 5 years right then and there.

Some days I feel old.  Some days I think it is just lack of sleep from the young kids.  One thing I know for certain, I do NOT recover like I did in my 20s.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I get out of bed and things snap, crackle, and pop.  This has been going on for at least 5 years and I am still >6 months away from 40.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I get out of bed and things snap, crackle, and pop.  This has been going on for at least 5 years and I am still >6 months away from 40.

I'm not even thirty yet, and things snap, crackle, and pop when I get out of bed.  This has been going on...pretty much forever.

:-P

I'm doomed?

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                      Emil Zatopek

#artbydmcbride

No, no, no, klutzy has nothing to do with getting old. 

I'm old.  I know I'm old because I was running one day and saw an attractive young woman playing ball with a little kid.  As I passed by, the kid yelled "throw me the ball, gramma".  Either the kid lied, or I'm old. 

That kid would never get his ball back!    Angry

Runners run

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

When you meet someone from high school and realize how old they look. Run a ultra. The next time out every one will remember you because you the the old guy / gal.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I was pretty bummed out when I found out a mysterious "twitch" on the side of my nostril when I couldn't see anything was actually gray (or white or silver or whatever the color you want to describe it) nostril hair!  Hair on the top of the head, sure.  But nostril hair as well!???  That was pretty depressing...  Or when I found out that I was no longer 5'10" but 5'91/2"...  Oh, sorry, this was a running forum.  When I ran 20:06 for a 5k a couple of years back, I felt pretty good.  But then I calculated and found out I was running 18-20 miles pretty much every weekend at that pace when I was younger!!  God, that was depressing...

so when younger I was accident prone because of trying to go too fast & not careful enough but not since, until recently. 

Are you saying when you were trying to run too fast, you were not only "injury" prone but also "accident" prone!?  More of a reason to go easy...

ha ha   no, was referring to doing yardwork or other things around the house too fast, not running.     although one time I did run into the back of a parked truck while running & not paying attention.  

you also can tell you are getting on in age by the increased frequency of the use of "I used to do be able to do that" or " I remember back when........"

I do remember back when everyone was excited when cars other than Cadillacs or Buicks had FM radio or cassete players standard or when cars were legally required to have seat belts.  

I encounter signs of getting old all the time.  As yet they have not included increased clumsiness.  That's more of a sign of getting drunk.