Update on stress fracture status (Read 707 times)

Now that was a bath...

Sumary to date Fractured January 07. Continued running undiagnosed with difficulty and pain until September 07 One month on crutches showed no improvement in October 07 Complete rest on leg (only non essential walking) for next three months until end of January during which I had two Shock Therapy treatments to leg. Tried three runs at end of January but Sports Doctor asked me to cease. Two more months rest which brings us to today. One trial run under my belt pain free this week - really, really short. MRI planned in April to see if Shock Treatments worked. Fingers crossed then! Try not to break you leg. It's stupid and affects your posting capabilities. Fourteen months post fracture now. And to think I complained when they first suggested six weeks off running!
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Imminent Catastrophe

Sumary to date ...Continued running undiagnosed with difficulty and pain until September 07 ...
      That's very important. If you run on a stress fracture, it WILL get worse, and delay your recovery even more.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Try not to break you leg. It's stupid and affects your posting capabilities.
        Dumb leg. I hope your next check-up shows substantial healing and the potential for you to carefully return to running. This past year has sucked. HTFU, leg!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

One trial run under my belt pain free this week - really, really short.
          SWEET!!!

Bugs

A person really has no idea how LONG an injury can take to correct until you've been there. You read "6 weeks off" for a stress fracture, but even in more ideal situations it's such a gradual return that it's really more than 6 weeks off. Keep us updated. I suffered tendonities this fall and now I'm almost too scared of injury because every twinge gets me freaked out.

Bugs

Fingers crossed Smile Congrats on the pain free run - a very good sign Cool

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

Wow, That is the biggest 1.6 miles I have ever seen. It looks huge on the summary page. I am sure it feels the same way. Good luck with the MRI, hope your running soon.

Now that was a bath...

Second run. Still in the game. Claire xxx
                    Still in the game.
                    Smile *keeping fingers crossed*

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*grumbles about how Claire doesn't run for a year and is STILL faster than me* Wink Nice runs, girl. Still comfy? I hope this means the end of your injury. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

Boo. Yah. Nice! Big grin

Tick tock

Second run. Still in the game. Claire xxx
                          Awesomeness.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

geekfarm@centurytel.net

You keep running like this and it will put a damper on your Stress Fracture Model gig. Way to go.

Now that was a bath...

OK the running is going great - or should I say WAS going great - absolutely no pain at all. Unfortunately I had a podiatry appointment this week and I have been put back on the bench until after my MRI. The podiatrist said that I have lost a huge amount of strength in my leg (I could not push his hand away with my right foot) and because of that I am at massive risk of a re fracture. He has given me a series of exercises and also whipped me up some custom orthotics. I have a breaking in process for the orthotics (which arrived yesterday) and then I go back to the sport's doctor for a check up and MRI in a couple of weeks. If all is good at both of those appointments I can have an official 'Return to run' status stamped on my forehead. Now I don't know if I will be running for long because the official race to get me knocked up begins in about three weeks - but hey, I will take any darn running that I can get! If any of you have a good relationship with the big guy. Ask him for a happy MRI for this internet friend. Claire xxx

dork.major dork.

You could also easily continue to build up strength and doing PT stuff while baking a baby, so you'd be ready to start running again when you were ready... I mean, clearly *you* are ready now, but the world has other plans.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.