Carmel, IN marathon anyone (Read 1024 times)

I'm trying to decide on a spring marathon and am considering the race in Carmel, IN.  For those familiar with this race, do you have any comments pros or cons on it? 

Thanks!

Feeling the growl again

If he does not reply, PM C-R and he can give you the low-down on the course.  Several of us are (probably) running it this year.  Perhaps there will be beer afterwards, but I will not speak for the location yet.

My understanding is that it's a pretty fast course.  There are a few rollers in Carmel but I don't think the course runs over them.  I have not done races by the organizer, but my perception from being on the email list and hearing about last year was that the organization is solid for a small/medium event.  I am happy they moved it from June to April this year.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Its a fast course. Should be well organized. I'll be running it. If you want more details, drop me a line.

If enough RA folks run it, there will be a post party bbq at my place. 2.5 miles from the start finish line.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the quick replies, Spaniel and C-R. I watched the 5 minute video of the course and I like the fact that there appears to be quite a bit on bike paths.  I think I'm in.  I'll have to sign my son up for the 8K.

And, hey, if there's Beer and a BBQ afterwards, that's just gravy! 

Cool Jump Suit

If enough RA folks run it, there will be a post party bbq at my place. 2.5 miles from the start finish line.

WooHoo!!!  Andy can bring the pickled eggs!

So bittersweet,
            This tragedy
            Won't ask for absolution;
            This melody,
            Inside of me,
            Still searches for solution.
            A twist of faith,
            A change of heart
            Cures my infatuation.
            A broken heart, 
            Provides the spark
            For my determination.

Feeling the growl again

WooHoo!!!  Andy can bring the pickled eggs!

Hell yes.  I wouldn't want your wife to put you in the dog house again.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Which course is this and when?  I'm training for a 50M in May, but if it is in very early April I might be in...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Which course is this and when?  I'm training for a 50M in May, but if it is in very early April I might be in...

FF, which 50m?

FF, which 50m?

Ice Age 50 in, WI.  50M is sold out (but there is a waiting list).

Ostrich runner

I didn't realize it had been moved to April. Otherwise my comment would be to avoid it due to the weather, but that changes things. It still suffers from being in Carmel though.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

April 21st.

C-R

I didn't realize it had been moved to April. Otherwise my comment would be to avoid it due to the weather, but that changes things. It still suffers from being in Carmel though.

Hater Wink

Not all races can be in Lawrence

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Shikari1

Cotton mouth

I'm in.

Here is the link for those interested.

http://carmelmarathon.com/pages/home

I am very tempted just because Spaniel and C-R are running it and beer and BBQ are involved.  However, I am back at Indy in Sept due to my wife registering and then not being able to race that weekend.  If they have strong winds again like they did last year I am never coming back to that race :-)

C-R  I feel like it has been a long time since I have seen anything from you.  How goes the running?

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                              • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                              • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Feeling the growl again

Not all races can be in Lawrence

Yes, I stick to shorter races there because it is not so uncomfortable to pack heat as for a marathon.  Wink