Carmel, IN marathon anyone (Read 1024 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

LT will win. LT is awesome, has great talent, is a fantastic drinker, and tends to choose races she will win. She set her PR at Little Rock this past year, dropping the course record and doing so just a couple weeks after running the olympic trials marathon in Houston. She also dropped some 40 minutes off a decades-old women's course record at the Strolling Jim 41 mile ultramarathon.

Yeah. GO LT! Bib#6 at Carmel.

xor

LT will win. LT is awesome, has great talent, is a fantastic drinker, and tends to choose races she will win.

This sounds vaguely familiar.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes indeed.

Sponsored by MG too...

...'cept LT has popped several OTQ times.

vegefrog

She also wears awesome costumes sometimes!!! My Opa has a major crush on her, LOL. When I was training for my marathon she emailed me to tell me good luck and asked if I had any questions. She's such a great person and I really admire that she can run so FAST and DRINK so much!

It's inspiring Wink

vegefrog

Niiiiice. Leah did great today. I hope you all did and I hope some of you had the chance to share a beer with her!

bhearn

Only won by 20 minutes!

And spaniel ran a 2:39. Looks like he was after 2:35, though.

vegefrog

Damn. He is that Andy? I haven't been on RA long enough to know everyones real names Smile Pretty darn speedy.

Feeling the growl again

Damn. He is that Andy? I haven't been on RA long enough to know everyones real names Smile Pretty darn speedy.

Meh.  Felt like crap.  Need to find marathons with 4pm start times, these morning races don't seem to agree with me anymore.  I had pretty much given up at only 9miles....someone caught up to me around halfway and re-invigorated me, we worked together until around 21 where I dropped them.  Back in the racing spirit I started chasing down someone I had no hope of catching, but with 2 miles to go it became realistic.  Raced my tail off the last couple miles and bought myself a couple extra places.

I could have easily copped myself out to the mid-2:40s today so I have to be happy with the result.  Seemed we were dead-on into the wind all but ~3 miles of the entire race.  I am just not strong enough to race a whole marathon, I need to work on that.

The real props go to BoilerTom90, who set a ~5min PR in not easy conditions.  Dopple Bock finished on the fast end of his expectations as well.  C-R ran awful fast HM for just having suffered through Boston on Monday.  Lots of fun consuming beer with them all.

I hope we left some for you, Trent.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

It was nice meeting a few other RAers at the race, and chatting for a bit afterwards. Too bad I had to rush off with the family.

I really enjoyed the course and the race. i could do without the wind, of course we all could, but I loved how the course went onto bike paths quite often and through wooded areas. 

Spaniel, I'm finally smiling over my results. It just took a while for it to sink in. At one point in time, my "life" goal was to just break 3 hours. Now, it's to break 2:50. I believe I can go faster -- part of it is believing and taking the risk early enough in the race. That's part of the marathon challenge that I really love. 

Feeling the growl again

I believe I can go faster -- part of it is believing and taking the risk early enough in the race. That's part of the marathon challenge that I really love. 

I believe it too.  You looked far too good when we crossed paths at Mile 20.  Wink

Get a race without the wind and 2:50 WILL go down.  Run Chicago and you'll get another minute or two "almost free".

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

joescott

spaniel and BT90, nice run, guys.  well done & very inspiring!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

DoppleBock

It was great to meet and get beat by you Smile 

BoilerTom90 is the only person that passed me that I did not pass back ~ Didn't come close.  PRs are fun ~ enjoy it and then get hungry for your 2:4X

I hit 2:56 ~  

It was nice meeting a few other RAers at the race, and chatting for a bit afterwards. Too bad I had to rush off with the family.

I really enjoyed the course and the race. i could do without the wind, of course we all could, but I loved how the course went onto bike paths quite often and through wooded areas. 

Spaniel, I'm finally smiling over my results. It just took a while for it to sink in. At one point in time, my "life" goal was to just break 3 hours. Now, it's to break 2:50. I believe I can go faster -- part of it is believing and taking the risk early enough in the race. That's part of the marathon challenge that I really love. 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

What I find interesting ~ $1,000 course record bonus ... She could have dogged it won the $1,000 and made it easier to win another $1,000 next year ... and so on ... and so on.

I am sure I was chicked in the race and post race celebrating ... 

Only won by 20 minutes!

And spaniel ran a 2:39. Looks like he was after 2:35, though.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

spaniel and BT90, nice run, guys.  well done & very inspiring!

Thanks Joe! 

C-R

Same here and what a great race for you. Enjoy it.

One thing about central Indiana is that the wind is always a factor but it sure didn't stop some you from running very well.

A 1:38 and change for me on the half which makes me happy coming off that epic heat fest in Boston last Monday.

Hope more RA types can make it to Carmel next year and I'll be glad to expand the post race BBQ.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/