Carmel, IN marathon anyone (Read 1024 times)

It was nice meeting a few other RAers at the race, and chatting for a bit afterwards. Too bad I had to rush off with the family.

I really enjoyed the course and the race. i could do without the wind, of course we all could, but I loved how the course went onto bike paths quite often and through wooded areas. 

Spaniel, I'm finally smiling over my results. It just took a while for it to sink in. At one point in time, my "life" goal was to just break 3 hours. Now, it's to break 2:50. I believe I can go faster -- part of it is believing and taking the risk early enough in the race. That's part of the marathon challenge that I really love. 

Tom, you are an animal, a high-tactical one, albeit.  Very inspiring stuff. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Slo

Hope more RA types can make it to Carmel next year and I'll be glad to expand the post race BBQ.

This will be my 3rd year running the Green Bay marathon. Next year might be time for a change and make my Spring Marathon Carmel. Looks like a lot of fun...and from the times, looks like I better bring my "A" race.

Very nice running guys!

Hope more RA types can make it to Carmel next year and I'll be glad to expand the post race BBQ.

I have family in nearby Noblesville, and I might be willing and able to make a long weekend trip to race next year.  Sounds like a good time of the year to be racing in Indy.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

DoppleBock

I have run GB marathon 3 times and 1/2 once - It is a great race, but its nice to experience other races.

This will be my 3rd year running the Green Bay marathon. Next year might be time for a change and make my Spring Marathon Carmel. Looks like a lot of fun...and from the times, looks like I better bring my "A" race.

Very nice running guys!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !