Soundoff: Positive Mantra (Read 756 times)

freckles

Thank you! Smile

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, you're in Glasgow...my hubby spent a year in Aberdeen. I got to spend about a month total in Scotland during a semester I did in London. I flew out of Glasgow on my return to the US. I will always have bittersweet memories of Glasgow, since it was the last place in Scotland that I was able to spend time in. I hope to someday return to Scotland...I have such fond memories and would love for my son to spend some time there, too. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

freckles

Where abouts did you visit in Scotland?

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Where abouts did you visit in Scotland?
          In addition to Aberdeen I wandered around the Highlands with my hubby (this was back in '93, before we were even engaged) for about 3 weeks...we went to Oban, Inverness, Edinburgh...all over by train and bus. I love the public transportation options you guys have!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

"Be a good animal!" stolen from Dr. Sheehan
              During races or tempo runs I imagine the stands at Hayward Field in unison chanting "pRE, pRE, pRE, pRE". I grit my teeth, dig deep and repeat these words or I'll back-off or quit. It's working for me. Yes

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Stay Strong Push It ... when I'm running uphills, I imagine that the hill is a moving, uphill walkway, pulling me along with it .. .makes it feel a little more effortless Smile
                2009: BQ?
                  Trishie, every time I see your avatar it looks as if you have a wooden stake in your mouth. Wink Haven't you noticed? or anybody else?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Member Since 2008

Did someone call?
                        Mine is simple, 'Don't be a p*ssy.' It is actually our family rule #2. My wife came up with. Seriously. In case anyone is interested, rule #1 is 'Safety first'. A lot of people think the two are inconsistent, but I think they are rather complimentary.
                          I used to tell myself, "I'm getting stronger everday. I'm working more everyday. I'm getting closer to beating my competition everyday." That's the paraphrased version, but that got to be too much to think about while running, and it wasn't really a mantra because I wouldn't necessarily say the same things to myself. So I shortened it to three words: "Every f*ckin' day." That works for me now.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

it looks as if you have a wooden stake in your mouth.
                            It's a straw! I'm drinking a frozen margarita!
                            2009: BQ?

madness baby

This my sh*t. This my sh*t. (repeat out loud if necessary.) Maneater. Make ya work hard. Make ya spend more. She's a maneater! My mantra has to have a good beat. Love me some Gwen & Nelly. Big grin
                              deb
                              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I've got one more, but I use it more often in the kitchen than on the run: WHAT'S IT GONNA BE? FIT OR FAT? Man, my inner voice is pissed. Angry

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.