1000Km-621 mile club

a-freakin'-gain (Read 247 times)

i'm back on the bench again, this time for capsulitis in my right foot. Fantastic. i was actually back up to running (kind of) on a consistent basis, but the pain is too much. i'm in PT now for iontophoresis, and if that doesn't take, it's back for an injection into the joint. i am ridiculous.
      Sorry to hear about the injury. I hope it's a quick recovery for you.
        What a bummer! How long will you be out? What caused it? Keep up the cross-training to keep your spirits up!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

After a few weeks wearing clogs followed by two weeks in an air cast, i am now on NSAIDs and waiting for an MRI. This is stupid.
            Seriously?? SERIOUSLY?? i tore a ligament in my toe. i've tried all therapies aside from drugs and taping. i'm supposed to try that, and if that doesn't work, they can sew me back together.
              I am SO sorry! So this is what has been causing your pain or is this a new injury on top of everything else? Are you able to swim or do any other cross training?

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Supposedly this is what has been causing the pain. i should be able to swim and bike and such as long as i don't make my foot hurt; i'll confirm that today.
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

I hope you heal quickly! How frustrating.

Maggie & Molly

Iker's I feel your pain. I'm out too. This has just been my year for injury. Now it is torn ligaments in my ankle that I have to 'just let heal' so it will be awhile. I was already far behind that dang bunny = now there is no way I'll catch up.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

i saw a surgeon on Tuesday. He told me that the best course of action is to let my body heal itself and that surgery would not produce results as good as natural healing. However, he said that he's had patients with the same problem who did not heal for years. Basically, i'm to stay off my feet until i'm healed in maybe a couple of years. ARGH.
                        ARRRGGGHHH! No That is NOT what you or us wanted to hear......so what is your plan?

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

My plan is to wait, i guess. i guess my focus will be on swimming, biking, and lifting weights. Not much else i can do... Maybe i'll be back to running in a couple of years.
                            Cry

Yeah.... i basically cried all day Tuesday.