1000Km-621 mile club

Update (Read 290 times)

Hi, all....your long lost member.....Sorry!

Talk to Dad this morning, and I'm so encouraged.  He is know offiially through 1/2 of his chemo and is sounding more upbeat.  Plus his prostate cancer has come back with a lower psa so he might be able to put off his radiation until spring rather then driving 5 days of week in winter for his daily treatment.  I'm so ready for this year to be over and Dad to be better.

One another note......my running has been doing really good this year.  I've started my next countdown to my second 1/2 marathon.  This has been so much better the being injured the past two years.  Yeah!  Although my hip did start aching this past week, but I do think it's just a sign for new shoes. 

How's everyone else doing?  News?

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

I'm really glad to hear that your dad is doing well with the chemo.  I think of him often.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Thanks, Cherrie.......I appreciate that! 

I just got back from a holiday weekend with Mom and Dad.  He was bright eyed and didn't look as tired as he has been.  BUT he has started shaky just like if he Parkinson's (sp).  That has me really worried.  The doc noticed it last week and has put his next chem off for a few weeks trying to get his nervious system back under control.  I gave him a list of questions to ask the dr...like what drugs are in the chem mix?  What drug can cause nerve damage?  Will this be for good or just during chemo?  Is there a drug that can be taken out of the mix?  He has 5 more treatments to go.......

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Take heart Cheri, that happens with chemo.  My mom's had to be put off for a week a few times.  If it does what it is supposed to do, it attacks the immune system too.  They usually bounce back after the week.  Chemo is hard but sounds like your dad is doing well.

Good to hear.

Corrina

Sounds like overall your dad is doing pretty good.  Chemo is such a yucky drug.  My mom has a lot a nervous system problems since her chemo not the shaking though.

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf