1000Km-621 mile club

Introduce yourself! (Read 654 times)

Hi all, There are a lot of people I dont know here. (OK, I admit, I have never met anyone here....) So I think it would be fun if we went around and stated a random fact about ourselves. Tight lipped I am a self-declared Altaholic. That is, I am addicted to skiing at Alta. I hear recovery is only achieved by doing it more. Big grin
      I'm Kim, 33, live in Natick, MA (about 20 minutes west of Boston), originally from Maine. And I play Kayak Polo. Smile Kimmer
      My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
        I'm Vicki, 25 and live in Marlow in the UK (about 25 miles west of London) Ummm....I've recently joined our local Search & Rescue team so I get to go and trapse around in the dark and rain looking for people who have gone missing. Oh and I love red wine probably a bit too much Yes
        "Tough times don't last but tough people do." - A.C. Green
          I'm Casper (surprise, eh?), a 23 year old Math/CS student (will get my master this summer). I ... ehm, I am a Mac user, and no, I'm not gay Wink. I live in Denmark, the northern part of Jutland (Jylland). Heh, and I drive a "three wheeler" Cool.
            I just found this group and I decided to join up! I'm Ayola, I'm a 35 yo woman living in coastal Maine, I restarted running about a year and a half ago and I've dropped about 15 pounds (10 more to go). I think I'm going to try the Camden 10K in June. I'm totally overloaded with odd hobbies, but my favorite is curling. www.usacurl.org A

Recalculating...

This is pretty cool! I love all the stuff I am learning. I guess I should play fair and include some "facts" that are less goofy and more introductory about me. I am Abigail, 26 year old medical student currently stuck I mean living in Nashville, TN. I hate when stuff like work (on-call, exams, pts coming in late) gets in the way of running - especially races I had wanted to do. I think they should plan our schedules around my running plans. Tongue Casper - I love the photo! I think it is hysterical! I never got up the guts to busk, so kudos to you. (I also double-majored with math....totally dont miss it now!) Kim - can you tell us more about Kayak Polo? Is that like regular polo but in kayaks rather than on ponies? Vicki - I totally appreciate your doing search and rescue! While I hope no one I know or love ever needs you guys, I am so grateful you are there if we ever do! It sounds really exciting, also! Hi Ayola! Maine sounds so beautiful! I spent a day sea-kayaking there a while ago on a trip to visit my little sister at camp and I really loved the coast! Do you have a curling group there?
                Kim - can you tell us more about Kayak Polo? Is that like regular polo but in kayaks rather than on ponies?
                So, yeah, that's pretty much it. If you want to take a look, check out: http://www.usack.org/disciplines/polo/polo_desc.asp Kimmer
                trixiee

I'm Trixiee, a 46 yo wife of a farmer and mom of two grown up boys. We live in Canada. It was 19 degrees F on my run this morning, but the sun was shining and I loved every minute of it! Going down to Florida next week to run the Miami Half! Big grin I've been running for about 6 years now, and haven't yet broken the 1000K barrier... always end up around 950 K, or so. In the summer, I love doing Duathlons. I won't say I compete in them, as I'm much too slow! But I do have a lot of fun!
                    I am Bear_Poop. see:http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/6752893f8162408ea6ae7223a6ab5f9b to find out why. I have been running since July for health reason (high blood pressue and diabeates) and I am hooked. Currently training for the Indy Mini (HM) in May. I walked it last year in 3:40:05. I'd be happy to take off and hour this year.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

I'm Shaunna, 24, from CT/MA but have been living in Miami for the past 3 years for grad school (in meteorology, yep I'm a weathergirl).
                      Going down to Florida next week to run the Miami Half! Big grin
                      I was also registered to run this, but had to stop training around Thanksgiving with a stress fracture in my right foot. I'm finally off crutches and cast so I hope to start recovery runs soon. That's why I don't have any milage on here yet, but over the summer I am planning several triathlons and a 12.5 mile beach race so I'm pretty sure I'll catch up to that PB as I get back into it. Trixiee, good luck! It is beautiful here- 80 and sunny Cool Maybe next year I'll see you at the full??

Sluggard

Hi, I'm Ed and I brew beer. I am between batches at the moment, but I think I am going to try a German style wheat beer like a Hacker-Pschorr or a Paulaner Hefe Weitzen. Something yummy that would go well with a slice of lemon for when I am carb loading.
                          Dear abbaroodle et al, Ah, just back to work after a nap. Yes, there's a curling club in Belfast, Maine (the one and only here in the state) I'll post a picture as soon as I load some new images onto the new computer. Good running A

Recalculating...

trixiee

I'm Shaunna, 24, from CT/MA but have been living in Miami for the past 3 years for grad school (in meteorology, yep I'm a weathergirl). I was also registered to run this, but had to stop training around Thanksgiving with a stress fracture in my right foot. I'm finally off crutches and cast so I hope to start recovery runs soon. That's why I don't have any milage on here yet, but over the summer I am planning several triathlons and a 12.5 mile beach race so I'm pretty sure I'll catch up to that PB as I get back into it. Trixiee, good luck! It is beautiful here- 80 and sunny Cool Maybe next year I'll see you at the full??quote> Unfortunately, no... but I am sorta playing with the idea of the Chicago Full!!
                              Hi all, I'm Erin and from Boston. I'm 30 and I started back running after an eight year haitus last April. I'm in a running group and un 4-5 miles a few days a week, but after tax season (yep, I'm an accountant) I'm going to increase my mileage and train for a half marathon in the fall. Not sure which one yet.... Other than that, I love sports, play in a touch football league and like trying different sports. -Erin
                                Hi all, I'm Erin and from Boston. I'm 30 and I started back running after an eight year haitus last April. I'm in a running group and un 4-5 miles a few days a week, but after tax season (yep, I'm an accountant) I'm going to increase my mileage and train for a half marathon in the fall. Not sure which one yet.... Other than that, I love sports, play in a touch football league and like trying different sports. -Erin
                                Hey Erin - feel free to join the Beantown Runners user group if you haven't already. And also - any plans on doing the 5-miler Boston's Run to Remember? I'm looking for company! Kimmer