1000Km-621 mile club

Feb 10th Weekly Check-In (Read 254 times)

In case anyone wants to be accountable for last weeks mileage shout out! Big grin I was sick, sick, sick most of the week so my mileage is way down. Mon - off work sick Tues - lung coughing up sick Wed - more of same Thurs - so sick of being SICK Fri - thought I might try and run but had a long work hours and no lunch time..and still kind of sick Sat. - 5 trail "run" - more trail then run and not very smart but outdoors in running clothes. Does that count? Sun - 3 mile easy run Week Total......8 miles. Woo Hoo Smile Roll eyes

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Sun - off Mon - 2.7 Tues - 4.8 Wed - off Thurs - 5.0 Fri - 3.0 Sat - 6.5 Total - 22.0 - a record for me - aiming for 23 or so this week Gayle, I hope you feel better this week! Teresa

Renee the dog

Tues 3.5 mi Fri 4.5 mi Sat 4 mi Sun 6 mi Other days were 0.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

I'm with you, Time2Run... I got 11.7 miles in this week due to being sick as well... Friday - 5.03 miles trail run Sunday - 6 and 1K walking
          "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
          talie

trying to beat the bunny

I had a decent week. It started out slow but ended up with a bang. Wink Weds - 5.46 m Sat - 6.22 m Sun - 3.19 m total - 14.9 m I'm really happy with Saturday's 10K. That is a distance that seemed to be a huge mental barrier for me. I could get to 5.5 but never seemed to get myself over that 6 mile mark. (I just needed the incentive of knowing that a couple of buddies from my running group ran a 10K race when I was away on vacation. Did I mention that I'm competitive? LOL) Sending lots of get healthy vibes out to those of you fighting illnesses.
            Natalie

2008 goals -5% spring weightloss goal - 126 lbs.
            - run 1000K
            - run a couple of 10Ks, maybe a half???
              Last week was my biggest week so far. I split one 'long' day into 2 shorter days to get myself up to 4 days of running and managed to pull a BIG number - 12.4 miles. Ok, big for me. Smile Mon - 3.8 mi Wed - 3.3 mi Fri - 2.6 mi Sat - 2.7 mi The bunny is still about 10 miles ahead of me, but I've got 46 weeks to catch the little hopper. Now that I'm up to 12 miles per week, I should be able to do that by the end of the year. {{{{{{ everyone on the injured or sick list }}}}}
              Have you got a flag?

Maggie & Molly

Thurs ~~ 1.5 on TM Sun ~~ 1.5 on TM for a whooping total of 3 miles last week. At best I'll get 6 miles a week for now but it is better than nothing.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

AnneCA

My schedule was similar to Gayle's last week: Mon - regular run, felt fine, enjoying the new shoes. Tues - 102 degree fever all day Wed - more of same Thurs - so sick of being SICK Fri - did a short run, went back to work . . . got sicker . . . Sat. - When will it end??? Sun - Sick, sick, sick. Walked some, didn't log it. Urgh! Does the bunny get sick sometime too? I did get a short run in this morning. I've got a 10k this coming Sunday. Confused I think I'll still run it -- if nothing else I need the miles!!!
                    Teresa and Nonoeuna, you gals are on fire! Way to go! David, hope you are feeling better! I am and was stupid and did a 2 mile run in the rain today. Felt GREAT but hoping the "crud" doesn't come back. I like the pic you have with your son. Looks like he's going to be a runner too. Big grin Natalie, congrats on your 10K! Woo Hoo! I was thinking of a 10K this Sat, but think I might back down to the 5K because of being ill and the icky weather. So you planning on another any time soon? Kelli, way to bunny hunt! Cherrie, how's the knee doing? Is it taking the treadmill ok? Annie, feel better soon. This stuff is deadly! Gayle Big grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

I had a busy week at work last week. Had my performance review from a very critical boss which eats into my self-esteem. So, after being reemed out for being a slacker, I had an absolutely smoking run on Tuesday night Big grin Then I wimped out due to weather conditions and social obligations until Saturday when I HTFU and went for a long run (10k) in crummy conditions. Then wimped out again in 80mph winds and -22C windchill to run on the treadmill on Sunday. But, when I was on the treadmill, I decided to see how fast I could really go for a while and that was fun, then I played around with the elevation. I have resolved to not call it the dreadmill anymore!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

talie

trying to beat the bunny

Natalie, congrats on your 10K! Woo Hoo! I was thinking of a 10K this Sat, but think I might back down to the 5K because of being ill and the icky weather. So you planning on another any time soon?
                        I hadn't really planned on it but I did almost six miles tonight with my running class. It was a run/walk but that seems to be predominantly what I'm doing now anyway. I do think it is funny that I'm faster doing a 3/1:15 run/walk than I was doing 5/1s on my own. Tongue
                        Natalie

2008 goals -5% spring weightloss goal - 126 lbs.
                        - run 1000K
                        - run a couple of 10Ks, maybe a half???

Maggie & Molly

Gayle ~~ Thanks for asking. The knee isn't wonderful yet so I'm keeping my runs under 2 miles at a time. I just started taking gluclosamine and I'm hoping that it has an effect (I know that it will take awhile so I'll try to be patient).

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                          Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

obiebyke

Getting back into the swing after some shin problems. This week is C25K week 5. Slowly ramping up the miles. Looking forward to moving ahead to hour runner, adding a fourth day, and sneaking up on that bunny. You folks are inspiring.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)