1000Km-621 mile club

Fall is here.....where are you at on your goals? (Read 313 times)

How's everyone doing?  You halfway there and tracking that bunny down?  You close to the bunny and nipping at his heels?  Or have you passed the bunny and looking toward his cousin the 1,000 mile rascal.  :-)

I"m a few weeks away from the Columbus 1/2 marathon on Oct 18th which I am treating as a long run and then my next 1/2 on Nov. 15th which is the San Antiono Rock and Roll 1/2. Then I'm going to back off and do easy winter running.  At last that's the plans for now....we'l see how it goes.......

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

I'm doing well after a very slow start this year.  I will run the Brooksie Half Marathon tomorrow and am running the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon on Nov 7.  Good luck in Columbus and San Antonio!

Not doing so well.  Been dealing with not feeling well again.  Haven't run in over a week.  I hate this cold and flu season.  Not going to make the 1000k this year but hey there is always next year.  My consistancy has sucked most of the year.  I am thinking maybe the Historic Half in Ft. Langley in Feb.  I should have some miles built up by then. 

Congrats to all who have made it passed the bunny and reached the finish line.

Well, just like Corrina, I am now sure I won't reach the 1000k this year - but I will be close.

I am mostly doing inline speedskating so running is 'only' secondary, and by the end of summer season is ending for me. So now a 1-month offseason period is coming, with long, slow runs/bikes/skates due in Nov-Dec. That means I will be really close but not making it, for sure.

This realization came to me now but it is not a sad one - I can come up with many a reasons why I failed reaching my goal but 'fail' is not the best word. It was my first year doing so many miles running so I am not ashamed at all.

Nevertheless I plan to join the this club next year again and we will see... I really enjoyed the 'race' and being ahead the bunny in the earlier days, also hearing about You All - that's what a club good for, right?

Good luck everyone & congrats for those who have already made it.

Kenny,  how did the 1/2 marathon go?  Did you make your goal? I'm 10 days out from my 1/2 half.....it's starting to look like I will make Columbus this year.....

Corrina, I"m so sorry to hear you are not feeling well again.  You may not make the 1000K goal this year, but you stayed on the path toward it and you will try again next year.    That makes you a winner in my book.  I've tried for three years to make the 1000K goal and it took this year to make it a reality.  I now realize it is that much sweeter knowing I finally got there and may even make the next goal.  Staying well and injury free really makes a huge difference.  Then of course not having kids at home anymore and not working crazy hrs also helps.  You've had a lot on your plate this year.......keep on running....

kilo, I would not use the word "fail" if I were you.....you have run, skating and bike totals......all today pretty impressive.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Gayle-how was Columbus?  Looks like you are getting close to San Antonio!!

GOOD LUCK KENNY!!

Kilo-Sounds like you are staying on top of the fitness thing even if you won't reach the goal.

Corrina-Just wanted to let you know that I still have my sights set on you!!!

Constistency with my running has still been a struggle.  Being laid off puts me in a mood.  I know that getting ou and hitting the road would help it's just a struggle to make myself get out and do it.  Plus for extra income I am working with our volunteer Ambulance service so it makes finding time interesting.

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

Jen,  sorry you are struggling....  sounds like you are making the best of it with some running and your volunteer Ambulance service..........

I finally wrote a race report for my 1st half......my second 1/2 is Nov. 15th.  Guess I'll see how it goes....

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/f014789d69824d0c82bcb2a2f51a000e