1000Km-621 mile club

March 2012 - Running with the Wind :-) (Read 195 times)

Hello all,

I'm a bit late getting the new month kicked off.  Can I blame it on the month roaring in like a lion with lots of wind?  Blush

How is everyone doing?  Injuries getting better?  Miles getting tracked?  Are you having fun?  Training for anything?

We've already had one member cross the finish line.  Congrats, Matt.  You were so fast that I miss you crossing that line.  So sorry and great job!

I'm working getting ready for a 1/2 marathon at this end of month.  Ought to be interesting.....and the wind is no joke here.  Today's run was in 35-40 mph wind gusts.  I knew I was crazy when I was going out and I think I proved it.  Was exhausted when I finished.  Whew!  What crazy thing have you done lately?

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

finally under 30 miles behind that darn bunny.  miles are getting more consistent, so far so good!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

under a rock

My calf is healing nicely. Slowly working my way up to 2 mi runs. The bunny is still widening the gap, but not as quickly.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Running is going pretty well right now. I found my long run Sundays again in February and bringing that with me into March. I got in the lazy habit of taking walk breaks on mile markers this winter so I've been working on getting rid of that. (Haven't walked last week or this week on runs!) I'm shifting from 4 runs a week to 5 which is awesome. Today I tried picking up the pace to see what I could do; I did the second half of the run faster and surprised myself with what I can do.

Feeling pretty good about running! I'm running a 6K fun run at the end of the month. I've never done an organized run that length. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.