1000Km-621 mile club

Hoppity - July 8th (Read 205 times)

Hoppity!  Congrats!  Another one across the line in front of the bunny!  Woo Hoo!  Job well done even struggling injury! 

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Thanks Time2Run. 

I'm pretty shocked I managed it to be honest as I didn't run between August and the middle of December last year, and was finding walking and standing painful even after I got back to running.  I was told that it was highly likely that running would make my foot worse and I'd need an operation by the middle of 2010.  I found this really frustrating to hear and it wasn't running that had messed up my foot nor my ankle.

I've taken it slow and steady, dropping my pace and just enjoying running.  That in turn has meant I love running even more than I did before.  Fingers crossed that keeping things sensible and building mileage and pace slowly will allow me to keep running through 2010 and beyond! 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."