1000Km-621 mile club

New Year! Clean Slate! 2012! (Read 460 times)

Here we are again!  Are you ready to run?  The bunny is already off the starting mark and on his way......let's keep the bunny in his place which is behind us.  Big grin

How are you doing?  Healthy?  Injuried?  Just getting back to it?  Chime in let us know what your plans are this year.....

My goal this year is to beat  my 2011 mileage.  I don't have any marathons planned this year.  I have several 1/2 marathons scheduled and would like to see a PR in the 1/2 marathon and 10K distance this year.

And once again....if it is upsetting to the group that I plan on making the 1000K goal mid-year, I'll step down as the owner of this thread and move on if there is someone willing to take on the ownership.   It is NOT my intent to upset anyone but to encourage and promote my sport of running.  Big grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Happy 2012!!!

I find those that finish this 1000 km race in march inspiring! It doesn't upset me *at all* that you follow your plan and make it happen!

Good running!

Maggie & Molly

I am completely fine with you getting to that finish line when you do.  I will get there this year!!!!!  I doubled my miles from last year but still was not all that close the bunny...this year watch out

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Hey! I broke the 1000k mark last year, not realizing this group was here. I joined on Cherrie's advice. I'm hoping it doesn't take to December for me; late November would be good.

Gayle, I'm not offended if you hit it midyear. There's no point to being bothered by how quick someone else gets their miles in any more than there's point in being offended by runners who can run an easy pace faster than my race pace.  We all have different paces and training times. Just run! Smile

Good luck to everyone! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Maggie & Molly

yay  Welcome Meg!

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Coming back from perotoneal tendon surgery late last summer...I've been back in my running shoes for six weeks now. After 1.5 years of running injured, I'm ready for a good year!

Jennie

Silver Falls Half Marathon 11/3/2019 Goals:

1. Don't fall.

2. Finish.

3. See #1 and #2.

I'm new here too! This is probably a lofty goal for me, but I'm going to give it a go! 

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this group, but you probably know that Wink

I used to run around 1800 kilometers a year, but I returned to school last September and with a job, family, friends it's really hard to find me-time to run. Actually, my main problem is that I let the day run me, instead of me running the day. So I'm working on that.

After barely running at all in the past four months, I've now adjusted my goals and hope to make goal by the end of the year. I am re-starting from scratch though and for now my goal is to simply get three runs a week in, no matter the distance. Plus strength training 3x week. At my age, the jiggle gets really bad if I don't work on it Joking

I have no problems with anyone running faster than me (you can barely run any slower) or running twice the mileage I run in a year. I run cause I enjoy it and like to talk about it and motivate others.

Dutchie
                  Run the day, or the day runs you.

Iimamoreira,  *waves*  hope you are doing well.  Big grin

Cherri,  I know I said it last year, but I really, really mean it.  This is YOUR year!  I have faith you will make it!  Remember NO injuries!

Meg,  welcome to our little corner of the world.  We are happy to see you!  Congrats on your 1000k mark last year!

Jennie, sounds like you are running injury free if you have made it six weeks. Congrats!  Tough surgery to come back from.  Hopefully the winter won't be to tough to get your running stride back.

Audra,  glad to see you here.  You are back in Japan, correct?  Or are you in Ok.  Everytime I drive through OK....I think of you and wonder how far off my drive you are.  The 1000K goal is a good goal to start on and this is an easy going group.  We'll enjoy having you join us in our bunny chase

Dutchie. wecome.  Cool  I understand about the day running me and also understand the jiggle.  Today I decided something somewhere is going to jiggle from now on.  Heavy Sigh!  But hey....my jiggle beats anyone on the couch across that finish line!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Hullo Gayle,

I'm here again, trying again... hopefully not failing again Big grin

But of course, as you may remember, for me running comes only 2nd after (inline) speed skating. However, I'd like to try to run a HM in the autumn or so.

Hey Everyone!!!

Working on the whole consistancy aspect this year again and not letting the bunny slip away from me.  Working towards a HM in May or June.  Goal race would be June but we will see if I win the lottery to get in.  If not then the fall back race is in May.

Happy Bunny Hunting to all!!!

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

Dutchie42

Second run of the year is in the bag Smile Only a two-miler on the TM, but hey, I did it.

Gayle: thanks for the welcome

Jennifer: I'm not good at being consistent since I went back to school. Maybe we can encourage eachother?

Jennie: I'm sure you'll have a fantastic year. Do you run with your dog?

Waves to everyone.

Dutchie
                          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Maggie & Molly

well, for those that know me this is not surprising, probably, I've started out the new year ill.  I have diverticulits (for the third time in a year) so no running for me for a little bit.  woohoo, start the year off already chasing the bunny

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Audra,  glad to see you here.  You are back in Japan, correct?  Or are you in Ok.  Everytime I drive through OK....I think of you and wonder how far off my drive you are.  The 1000K goal is a good goal to start on and this is an easy going group.  We'll enjoy having you join us in our bunny chase

Hey Gayle! Yes, we're back in Japan. My family's actually from Texas though, so I was there for about 4 months this summer. There's a good chance I'll head back there next summer too when my DH deploys again though!

I'm new this year also Smile. Already behind the bunny, ack. Tried to run today (so gorgeous for January here) but my right shoulder hates me and I had to stop at a mile. But I've got a whole year ahead of me ...