1000Km-621 mile club

Best Runs in the world (Read 362 times)

What are the best runs you have done?

I have started this topic, as I did a fantastic run today, that certainly ranks at the top of my list.

I ran the Polar Nights Half Marathon, which is the mostly northerly half marathon in the world in the city of Tromso in Norway.

Very cold, snowy and icy route, but great atmosphere and topped off by seeing the Northern Lights tonight while walking back to the hotel.

Would recomend it if anyone wants a different run.. Definately one of the best half marathons in the world

What are the best runs you have done?

I have started this topic, as I did a fantastic run today, that certainly ranks at the top of my list.

I ran the Polar Nights Half Marathon, which is the mostly northerly half marathon in the world in the city of Tromso in Norway.

Very cold, snowy and icy route, but great atmosphere and topped off by seeing the Northern Lights tonight while walking back to the hotel.

Would recomend it if anyone wants a different run.. Definately one of the best half marathons in the world

I was very tempted by this, but put off by the travel; how did you get there?

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

Running safely

By no means an official race, but my best run was in Long Beach, California a few years ago. It was during my second year as a runner. I was there for work, but had Saturday morning free. This was before I learned the joy of taking walk breaks during a run and how they can significantly increase your running distance. I was just out touring the area on foot. I did take some breaks here and there and found that by having no agenda and not worrying about my pace, I could have a relaxing run.

Now I often run for sight seeing pleasure.

My second best run was in Las Vegas this summer. It was scorching hot during the days, but I went out at 6:00 on a Saturday morning which was a bit cooler. It was only 87 degrees. Again, I was on a work trip and this gave me a chance to get away from the group and enjoy the sights a little bit. I took my time and my camera. I shot 73 pictures during that run! Since I ran for 1:23, that worked out to almost 1 picture per minute.

I have had fun on many different runs and can point back to specific places that I would love to run again. But those two stand out as the best 2 runs of my running career.

If you are interested in reading about my Long Beach run, it is at my blog.

I also blogged about my Las Vegas run if anyone is interested I can post a link to that one too.

Not ignoring this....I actually have to think about it and then take the time to write about it.  hmmmmm

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

Not ignoring this....I actually have to think about it and then take the time to write about it.  hmmmmm

I know.  It is a tough one for sure

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363