1000Km-621 mile club

Check-in and Question (Read 395 times)

Check-in

This week has been a good one for me.  Friday was SUNSHINE and in the mid 30's so I ran LONG figuring with the snow coming it would be short or a treadmill.  And now it is snow and cold and has been the treadmill at the gym.  How has everyone's first few days of the new year going?

Question -  I spent two years trying to make the goal of 1000K (621) and failed in 2007 and 2008.  This last year 2009 went really well for me and I hit 1,250.  I had no plans for that type of mileage when my main goals was to run injury free and run three 1/2 marathons.  My goal this year is still to run injury free but I also want to run more then last year which means I'll be looking at 1,500 miles in 2010.

Ok...here's the question......I love this board and it has helped me so very much and I don't mind being the owner of this board.  BUT I feel guilty at leading the leader board knowing that I plan on hitting our board's goal about mid-year.  I can leave this board and let someone else become the owner.  Thoughts?  Any want want to become the owner? Please let me know.

Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

what does it mean to lead the group?

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

You can delete members who are no longer using site and add whatever you want to the front page...which I used to keep track of people and the date they reached the goal.  I have deleted users that do not check for more then three months. You can censor any posts that are inappropriate - which has never happened as long as I've been the "owner."   You can also serve as an inspiration to the group.  And with everything going on in my life this past year, I have not been that great an inspiration.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Gayle,

No need for any guilt.  You do a great job with the 1000K forum.  I appreciate your efforts. 

Ken

Maggie & Molly

I may not be the right person for doing the front end.  I wouldn't know where to begin. 

Gayle ~~  no need for guilt.  We all do what we can when we can in and when it is time to move on so be it.  I would think of it as a sort of promotion....you know to the next level.    nothing wrong with that.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Gayle,

you do a good job, so why would we want a change? Smile Please stay!

cheers

kilo

(still lazy and still have lotsa Xmas stuff to eat up)

Thanks, everyone.....I'll just keep on keeping on..........and if someone decides they have a driving goal to be the owner let me know.

First day off of running for me in the New Year.  We have ICE here and LOTS of it.  Had to leave for work really early to avoid the idiots and make sure I got there on time.  Then came the drive home which was much better then the drive in, but think I'm going to start the fireplace and be lazy.  Single digits tonight and tomorow the actual temps in be in the negative degrees.  BRRRRR

Hey all,

Happy New Year to everyone.  Once again I am trailing behind the bunny and it's only 2 weeks into the year.  I have been sick with another flu for the last 2 weeks.  Not a happy camper Sad 

I have signed up for a 1/2 marathon in June so I need to get my butt in gear and start training.  going out Sunday for my first run in 2 weeks.  Hopefully it will feel good.

Nice to see you all back.  Lets go bunny hunting!

Gayle you must stay and be an inspiration to us trying to make the goal this year.

Corrina

lilcat19

Sorry I haven't "checked in" yet. Just kind of discovered the forum.

I hope everyone is able to get their runs in. Here in Ohio we have like 2 feet of snow on the ground, therefore I get to do pretty much every run on the treadmill. Which SUCKS!!!

I hope all is well

-laura

Hi Laura,

snow & ice here in Europe, too, so I'm also fighting the TM Sad Don't want to test my luck in the night on the icy roads.

cheers

kilo