1000Km-621 mile club

Sept 14th - Weekly Check-In (Read 188 times)

Ok, I'm trying to get out of my funk and do the weekly check in again. Black eye I finally got a double digit weekend in again without tons of pain..... Tongue Tues - 4 mile - I got 2 miles in running and then 2 more in walk/jog with DH Thurs - 4 miles - same as Tues Sat - 3 mile - combo of walking/jogging Total - 11.2 So the bunny didn't gain to much on me this week. I'm hoping that I can catch the bunny this year but that is still up in the air. My scheduled and paid for 1/2 marathon is going to pass me by in Oct without me. BUT I'm hoping if the hip will heal fast enough I can start running good again and maybe get a 1/2 in April of 2009? What is everyone else doing? Gayle MTA: need spelling check

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Renee the dog

Hi Gayle -- Been woefully absent around here. No time to post -- barely time to run. Terrible summer -- Mom had a stroke in May. Dad died in Aug. Somehow, got this done. I think I'm going to take the rest of the year off and stand still. (not) Through all the tough stuff, I've been most fortunate to stay healthy, hence why I'm done now. I really thought I'd be squeeking into the finish in early December.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Wow Nono, that's a lot to go through. I do hope your Mom is doing well. Gayle, when I had my calf/shin injury earlier this year I couldn't come here to read the forums. It was too depressing reading about everyone's running when I wasn't doing much running myself. Spring has arrived and the temperatures are rising and yet I came down with a some sort of virus that kept me from running for a week two weeks ago. However I was mostly recovered by last Tuesday and managed to get in 4 runs during the week. Mon - Tue - 7.4km Wed - Thu - 11.2 km Fri - Sat - 16.7 km Sun - 5.2 km Total 40.5 km My HM is less than 7 weeks away now. I'm going to have to work on my speed if I want to beat my time from last year!

Geoff

Hi all. I really have been sucking at running lately. DH and I are getting a divorce. Yuck. I just can't run. Anywho, I did manage to get a few miles in last week. Just shy of 13. Once I move and get settled, I hope to be able to run again ! Great job everyone!

- Anya

Renee the dog

Oh Anya -- that's certainly not good news Sad (at least now - in 10 years you may think of it as a fortunate event in your life). I wish I had been a runner way back when during mine. Chin up -- and lace up those shoes as much as possible!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Oh Anya -- that's certainly not good news Sad (at least now - in 10 years you may think of it as a fortunate event in your life). I wish I had been a runner way back when during mine. Chin up -- and lace up those shoes as much as possible!
              Thanks so much! Sorry to hear about your troubles also! Life has a way of reminding us not to take things for granted. Once I get my finances together, I'll be fine. I hope ! I just wish I did things differently. d'oh!

- Anya