1000Km-621 mile club

Feb 24th Weekly Check-In (Read 254 times)

Hello, how's everyone's week go? It's still cold here but a bit drier. Mon - 3.05 Tues - Warmest day and work got in the way Wed - 3.12 - Thurs - 3 - fartlek workout - had fun and was ole so sweaty! Fun! Fri - 2.06 - sore, so easy run Sat - 3.5 - Ran with friends and they pushed me Sun - 3.51 - ran with a friend and got pushed again. :-) Week Total - 18.2 Doing better. Hope the bunny stays scared and behind me! Big grin How did everyone else do? Hopefully the weather was better for everyone else too? Cherrie....looks like you ran a bit this week (sorry....log stalking... Big grin ); is your leg feeling better? MTA: can't spell!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

I had a rotten week. Was in a total funk and "didn't feel like" running (or even walking hard). Didn't even ride my horse on a couple of the days (which is a serious funk for me). I'm out of it now (I hope) but I'm not fit enough to be able to "take a week off." I ran today and struggled a bit which taught me a lesson (don't let a funk get between me and a workout!). Karyn
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Mon - 5.2 Tues - 5.2 Thurs - 5.2 Total - 15.6 Should have been more, but we went on a skiing trip. I went on only ONE ski run, though, because my feet seem to have grown a lot in the last two years and my boots won't fit! I've lost weight, so I know it's not fat! I've also lost my two big toenails in the past month, and have a sore toe, so going down the hill was shear agony. I told my two kids to keep skiing on their own and I sat by the fire in the lodge all day. The next day was Thursday, and I got the 5.2 miles on a treadmill at a small gym at the condo. But then my son got on the TM and went so fast he broke it! Seriously. So I couldn't run Friday or Saturday. We were at Sugarbush in Vermont (where the Today Show was on Thursday), and the roads are all VERY narrow and twisty. I drove around looking for a place to run, and couldn't find anything safe! Oh, well, this week will be better. Good luck this week!
        Wingz

Professional Noob

Mon: 2.5 Tue: 2.25 Wed: 4 Thurs: 2.38 Fri: 3.57 Sat: off Sun: off Total: 14.7 Starting to gain on that bunny, but he's sooooo far ahead all I can see is tracks! Roll eyes

Roads were made for journeys...

AnneCA

I had a slow start to the week, because I ran a 10k last Sunday and took some time off. Truthfully, I probably shouldn't have run the race because I was still getting over a cold. M -- off. Sniffle. T -- off. Finally went to the doctor, got put on abx (presumed sinus infection) W -- 3.9. Feeling better yet? R -- strength training day F -- 4.2 Sa -- off Su -- 4 Work is going to start really getting in the way over the next month, but I'm hoping that the greater amount of morning light motivates me to head out before the craziness starts every day. Last week I even ran without my reflectors on, LOL. Gayle -- that's a great week! You're getting away from me! And: who's broken 100 miles now? I did today, yay!! 521 to go!
              Mon - 3.8 miles Tues - Sun: cough, hack, wheeze, cough, cough. I'll pick it up again tomorrow. The bunny now has a week's head start on me. Darn! Hope everyone is doing well!
              Have you got a flag?
                Mon: 2.5 Tue: 2.25 Wed: 4 Thurs: 2.38 Fri: 3.57 Sat: off Sun: off Total: 14.7 Starting to gain on that bunny, but he's sooooo far ahead all I can see is tracks! Roll eyes
                Looks like we're both in the same boat...too far behind that cursed bunny! My schedule right now is simple: 2.7 miles one day, off the next, repeat ad nauseam until the snow finally allows for longer runs.
                  Well, i am counting walking as running since i can't run, but apparently i can't even walk anymore. 1.26 miles on a treadmill last night, and something in my foot was on fire. Great...
                    Karyn - what you said! Don't let that old funk get you! Good luck on this week. Teresa, Wow! A broken TM...to funny. Sorry to hear that you didn't much skiing or running in. Sad Sounds like we still have some sickness around.....Warm weather is coming, everyone! And then everyone will start to gain on that wrabbit! Anne, I don't think I'm getting away from you. Big grin We are not that far apart! I hadn't even notice I had broke 100 miles. I was to worried about trying to make 20 miles last week and didn't get there. Maybe this week?

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Man, I have an even bigger hole to dig out of now. I had to take the week off, between a stomach virus, a back injury and travel for work I missed four runs. I did get back out last night and got around 5 in. This morning my back feels a little sore, hope I don't need more time off.
                        I only ran 3x last week, all short runs, but Friday I did snowshoe, Saturday I snowshoed again and also went xc skiing, and Sunday sat on my rear. Smile I had a wonderful weekend getaway. But, I was up & running again yesterday. This week will be challenging - tonight my son has a kindergarten function, and Wednesday my husband isn't home but if I get home early enough I can do a short run & have my son ride his bike next to me. I'm planning 4 runs this week, we'll see how it goes. Off days I'll do yoga. Unfortunately no snowshoeing for another few weeks... Sad

Michelle

Sunday: 7.5 miles in the country. Woo hoo! (you guys in the country are lucky, I think) Monday: drive back to the city Tuesday: sniffle, snuffle, cough cough - Crap! Wednesday: Got.to.run. Treadmill: 2.37 miles Thursday: Treadmill: 3 miles Friday: Outside: 4 miles Saturday: Outside: 7.3 miles - great day, but slow going due to cough, cough sniffle, sniffle. :-( Starting to feel a bit better now....

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Maggie & Molly

Time Yep, got a couple of miles in - easy, slow miles but miles all the same. I've been taking gluclosamine and I think that it is helping. NO pain at all. I'll stick to 3 or under for a little bit at a 10 or slower pace to see how things go. (oh, I don't mind the log stalking!! Big grin) so for me: Sun 2/17 - 2 slow miles Mon 2/18 - 2 slow mies Thurs 2/21 - 2 slow miles I'll catch up sooner or later (well, later but I'll get there)

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363