1000Km-621 mile club

Feb 2012 - Loving the Run (Read 378 times)

Feb 1st....can you believe it?  We are one month into our new journey and the field is spreading out.  Some are on their way to stomping the bunny into the ground and hopefully holding him down for the rest of us.  We have others that have started out injured and are laying in wait/rest to sneak up and hamstring that rascal.  :-)

One thing we all have one item in common....the love of the road and trail....the excitement of the open air.  We will journey on and support each other.

Now that I have my sappiness out of my system......Blush  I am enjoying the weather we are having in my part of the states.  50s and 60's in Jan and Feb....who would guess?  My running has been for fun and not training for anything.....just enjoying the sunshine and the movement.  It does not get better then that.

What is everyone else doing?

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Dutchie42

Hi Gayle,

Yes, time seems to fly.

We're in the middle of a Siberian cold streak after unusually hig temps up till now.

Anyways, no running or any other kind of workouts for a week. I have been bike commuting though, should count for something (6.5 kilometers one way).

This morning was my first run again, a whopping 5 kilometers in my fastest time this year. Guess I'm not doing too badly. My goal for February is to workout every day, even if it's just a 10 minute ab workout Wink

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

(Sigh) My shoulder rehab has got me running 5 min intervals on the treadmill at a 5% grade mixed in with 5 mins on y recumbent bike.  Not getting much for mileage but at least it's a bit easier on my shoulder.  Not so much on my ankles and butt though.  I should be ableto go forever though when I am done.  

Wanting to get out on the road soon though because long run the the mill are really boring and way too hot even with 2 fans.  Can't compalin too much though as I still get to run and am not in constant pain any longer.

Hoping to run a 1/2 the end of May now.  Had to push my original plan back a bit.

Have a great February all...

Maggie & Molly

I"m running.  Not yet catching up but at least I am no longer falling further behind

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
          Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

under a rock

I"m running.  Not yet catching up but at least I am no longer falling further behind

Same here. Getting some short runs in, around a mile, every other day while my calf finishes healing. I'm not gaining on the bunny but I'm no longer the person with the fewest miles. I'm just grateful for any running, walking, or hiking I can do, even if it's 10 minutes.

Ashley, pain free is GREAT!  Short miles is still miles...hoping you can get back to your usual running and that calf behaves itself and HEALS!

Cherri, I like seeing those pretty bars on your graph.

Dutchie, sorry about the cold streak!  Brrrrrrrr.....  With lots of heat one can run in the morning after late, but cold.......  Hope you can get out more.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

thanks Gayle.  I'll keep trudging along!

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

My goal for February is to workout every day, even if it's just a 10 minute ab workout Wink

I have sort of a similar goal alongside running. I've started doing 15 to 30 minutes of yoga everyday and I'm trying to keep that going. (Today is day 14 once I get a yoga workout for Sunday logged.)

I'm struggling a little with motivation for running. We're having unseasonal warm weather. It's pretty icy and/or slushy. Either way, the footing is rough. I need to find my long run on Sundays again bc I really haven't been doing it. Weekly mileage is increasing so that's something.

I did register for a 6K fun run at the end of March and I'm eyeing up a Mother's Day 10k, but haven't signed up yet.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Base building is never easy, but doing it in the dead of winter in Colorado is just plain stupid. I'm struggling to get my miles in, usually b/c it's just nasty out there or the trails are a mud pit or the roads are icy. Still struggling with post-surgical pain too, but the surgeon told me to "eat the pain" and I think I'm doing a fairly decent job of that. I'm about a dozen miles behind that %@$%!~ rabbit, but I'll make that up come spring. I swear I'll catch that wascally wabbit!

Jennie

Silver Falls Half Marathon 11/3/2019 Goals:

1. Don't fall.

2. Finish.

3. See #1 and #2.

Maggie & Molly

I just want to get on the same page with the darn bunny at this point.

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

You'll get there, Cherrie! It's still early in the year! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

under a rock

I just want to get on the same page with the darn bunny at this point.

At least you're only 30 miles behind. I'm 64 miles behind after my run today and that gap will only get bigger each day since I can only run very short distances every other day. Hopefully I won't get much more than 100 miles behind. But, at least we are running and that is all that counts!

Maggie & Molly

At least you're only 30 miles behind. I'm 64 miles behind after my run today and that gap will only get bigger each day since I can only run very short distances every other day. Hopefully I won't get much more than 100 miles behind. But, at least we are running and that is all that counts!

you are right!  We are moving and that is what matters.  Maybe by late summer/fall we will be running fools.  Big grin

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I thought we all were already fools....and running fools.  Big grin   

Ashley, don't give up hope!  You have forward motion....it sucks to be injured.  I don't remember my injured days with any type of fondness.  It will pass...it just seems to take FOREVER and I'm so sorry!  ((((HUGS))))

Meg, there has been such a mild winter here that when the snow and ice hit last week, I lost motivation very quickly.  To have you and Jen run through the weather just amazes me.  Keep on going.

Jen, "eat the pain"  Sounds painful.  I have faith you will catch that rabbit and stomp him. 

Corrina,  How's the shoulder?

Hey all,

The shoulder is getting better.  Down to physio every 2 weeks now and massage every two weeks in between physio.  Unfortunately I got the flu but last Thurs so it's been just over a week since my last run.  I am feeling better but still have no energy.  This flu kicked my butt. I am hoping to get out for a run before all this lovely sunshine disappears.  Need to get some stress released.

How is everyone else doing?  Managing to stay healthy?

Corrina