1000Km-621 mile club

New Member (Read 294 times)

Hey, Just joined, thought I would introduce myself. I joined to keep the motivation up and to set the bar a little higher than if I was just doing things on my own. I started running back in October, using the couch to 5k plan. I am now on week 5 or 6 of One hour runner. Right now my mileage is a bit under the bunny pace, right around 10 miles a week. By the end of OHR I hope to be right on pace, and increase a little bit on my own after that. I am thinking with the increase I should be able to catch up to the bunny by the end of the year. Cool Good luck to everyone chasing the bunny!
      Hello, welcome to our little group. We bunny hunting. Big grin And sounds like you have the plan to hunt too. Big grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Welcome. I did the C25K program also in the beginning. I spent the past year being very inconsistent and decided this year it's time for some accountability. Watching that bunny and trying to stay ahead of him has been a great motivater for me. Several great memebers here, nice to have you along.
        Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
          Welcome! The bunny is a great motivator. I have been off from running for the past few weeks from a nasty chest cold but I'm back and I'm going to kick that bunny's a**. Big grin Good luck to you, too!

Michelle

I have been off from running for the past few weeks from a nasty chest cold
            Me too! Hope you're feeling better....If I could clear out this *** mucus, I'd be good-to-go... Dead
            "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
              Ugh! Someone gave it to me..... Cry I don't want the crud......I think the bunny poisned me! Dead

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

obiebyke

I'm new, too. 1000 km is pretty unrealistic for me. I'm on the bench, and even when I'm off, my mileage isn't up to snuff. But I plan to start running again today, be injury-free, finish C25K and then do hour runner, and add a fourth run a week (bit by bit). So I figure I might as well chase the bunny. All the cool kids seem to be doing it. Wink And--even now!--I'm not last, even of the active members!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

All the cool kids seem to be doing it. Wink
                  Wow! I've never been in THAT crowd before. Wink Welcome and good luck with C25K and beyond. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Congrats on getting back into it Obiebyke, I see you got in 1.7 yesterday. Go slow and stay of the bench Big grin Thanks for the welcome guys, this place rocks.
                    obiebyke

Welcome to you, too, Hwy. Hope it was ok to hijack your thread to say hi to the group myself. You're looking good on that leaderboard!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Welcome, obiebyke! Glad to see you on board. I was trying for 1000 miles last year before I hit the bench for about 5 months. This year I'm trying to be a bit more real. So stick with us and see how far you can so. Big grin

Fool

Hey.. neat to see others in the same boat. Started C25K in September, on week 8 of OHR. Planning on adding a 4th day in the mix soon. Having a great time so far, and figured the 1000km group would be a manageable goal... though I have some catching up to do. The bunny never sleeps.
                            Your in good shape McRat, I've got 7 more miles than you to catch up and I plan on catching the bunny. It just won't be any time soon.