1000Km-621 mile club

I'm back (Read 336 times)

Well all, it's been 6 long weeks of injury.  A suspected foot stress fracture.  I am back to running, be it slow and short but at least I am back.  Just in time to have to get up early to get my run in due to heat.  i really don't know how all the runners who live in hot places do it.  Anything over 20 degrees Celsius and I have a very hard time just getting out the door.

Corrinabear

Yeah!  Glad to see you back......thought you were attempting to stay injury free this year?? 

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Yes that was the plan but a bit of stupidity while training for a 1/2 and well.....went trail running with a friend and well stepped down the wrong way and boom, stress fracture(or something like it).
           i really don't know how all the runners who live in hot places do it.  Anything over 20 degrees Celsius and I have a very hard time just getting out the door.

Corrinabear

Hehe - you go out running either very early (not me) or very late (that's my style).

Not that running on hot summer nights *really* feels great but still better than in 35+ Celsius Smile

Thanks Kilo but I am having a really hard time getting my sorry butt out of bed in the mornings and nights after dinner are tough.  I got up and out at 7:30 am this morning but still hot.  So I guess I am getting up 6:30 on Saturday morning to get my run in.  I think I may need a cattle prod to get me motivated in the am or at least someone to call and kick me Smile

I have been off a week due to being stupid again.  I went belly dancing in the park for Canada Day and my foot was sore after so I took a week off as I did not want to stress it too much.  Problem is I like dancing and it's hard to sit out when my troupe is dancing and having fun.

Whoa, it was 28C at 6 AM this morning here. No use getting up early...
                Ok it's going to be way hot there today.  Might be time for the treadmill. 

We have had cooler temps so no need to get up early.  ok except today when I was supposed to meet up with a running partner.  She bailed and did not show so I went anyway and had a good run.

At least you are still running.....I'm dying from the heat and humidity.....starting to feel like I'll never run again, it's been so tough that I just plod along. 

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Hi, Corrina

Just to tell you that here here in Lisbon we, like kilo, are having to endure very high temperatures - I just went for a run at 6 am with 27ºC (for this afternoon the forecast is 40ºC!).

I tottally share your feelings about the issue - anything over 19º is way too hot !

But just let me tell you this: when I saw the minimum temperature for today in Quesnel, I felt quite envious...

Hope you keep recovering from your injury and soon get back to your best running shape.

Wholly cow I don't know how you all run in that heat.  It is a lovely 13 degrees here this am.  Wishing I did not run last night with a friend.   We met at 8:15 pm and it was hot and sticky 23 degrees.  Almost too warm.  We have a fire going on here out West so our air quality is not so great.  Although I did not know this last night.

Hey Jose, I have a good friend here who is from Portugal.  The Azores actually.  It's really beautiful there so I am actually quite jealous of you heat and all.

Wow Gayle, it's already ridiculously hot where you are and it's only 8 am here.  Hope you are managing to keep cool.