1000Km-621 mile club

May 26 Weekly Check-In (Read 204 times)

AnneCA

I'm going to jump in here. Big grin I was on vacation last week, and didn't check in. The vacation did mess up my regular running days, but I still got some mileage in, and the best part was that we were in NYC, and all my vacation mileage was in Central Park! Truly a fantastic place to run. So, I did: M -- off. I'd done a 6-mile Park run the day before that I ended up logging as a tempo run, because I did it so quickly -- for me -- because I was so energized to be in the Park. T -- 5.75, one loop of the Park W -- off Th -- 4.9, through the Park, including a loop of the Reservoir F -- off. We got home after midnight the night before, and I was beat! Sa -- off Su -- 5 miles easy, nice to be home Total 15.7 for the week. Looking forward to getting back into a more regular schedule this week, including some gym workouts again. My legs are definitely feeling like they could use some strength work. I know I don't need the gym for that, but I've never been good about doing squats or lunges at home. Any suggestions to get better at that? There were a lot of 20+ mile weeks for folks last week -- very inspiring! Obie -- WTG on the distance record, how'd you do this week? Russ -- did you get back out there? How's the foot?
    obiebyke

Thanks, Anne. It would be a blast to run in the Park. Maybe someday. Last week: Tues: 2.44 mi Thurs: 2.97 mi Sat: Woke up feeling crappy and didn't run Total: 5.41 Sad But I got back on my feet yesterday. You'll have to wait until next week to get that report. Wink Gearing up for a June 1st 5K in Golden Gate Park.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

A week of records here. Big grin Mon: 10K Tues: off Wed: 9.4K Thurs: off Fri: wanted to run but no time Sat: 18K Shocked Shocked My longest run ever. I actually stopped my ipod at 18 k then ran 2 more km home at a cool-down pace. I was stiff and sore so I stretched for about 20 minutes and felt great the next day! Sun:8 K Total: 28 miles (don't know why it totals in miles, but...) Longest week ever!! I think 18k is too long given my current weekly distances, but I really feel that since I've been running steady for 3 years, I have built up a strong enough base that I can start to push harder. Let's see what this ol' body can do! And I am thinking of a half in September. Am I crazy? Confused

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I've typed my weekly reply twice now. Cry And I'm out of time for more typing. Grrrrr...I hate it when I lose my posts! Anne, thanks SO much for starting this thread. The holiday just messed me up! Sorry! Talk to everyone later! Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

A week of records here. Big grin Mon: 10K Tues: off Wed: 9.4K Thurs: off Fri: wanted to run but no time Sat: 18K Shocked Shocked My longest run ever. I actually stopped my ipod at 18 k then ran 2 more km home at a cool-down pace. I was stiff and sore so I stretched for about 20 minutes and felt great the next day! Sun:8 K Total: 28 miles (don't know why it totals in miles, but...) Longest week ever!! I think 18k is too long given my current weekly distances, but I really feel that since I've been running steady for 3 years, I have built up a strong enough base that I can start to push harder. Let's see what this ol' body can do! And I am thinking of a half in September. Am I crazy? Confused
            Wow, that's awesome. I would say at the rate you're going, a half would not be a bad idea. I met my goal again this week. I'm leaving soon ( for 2 months ) and doubt I will get much running in at all. It was good while it lasted!!!!

- Anya

Took the week-end off, yes all three days! only got 23 miles in last week. I might be running a 1/2 this Sunday in the Hartford area. Should be intersting! Good luck to everyone else.
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Last week - 35 miles, a record for me. It will be less this week, but that's OK! Scorching heat yesterday, searing cold today, lol. That's Maine for you.
                KvnJns

Last week was a little off for me. I only got in 3 days. I try hard to run 4 times. Weekly total : 11.9 miles

Kevin

Maniac

I ran a whopping 2 miles last week...I suck. Running in Central Park is great. I was there last Spring for a conference and ran a 5k associated with the conference. It was around the southern edge of the park...Very cool.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Ugh I ducked this place all week. You aren't alone in low weeks, Matt! Oh well. A big fat 5.13 miles last week, haha my best week in a while. Way to go Ruth!
                      Heroes never die. They just reload.
                        Well.... i have decided that since my walking is going to lead to run/walking is going to lead to running (coming back from injury), i'm going to count it into my yearly total. T--2.42 miles SU--1.83 miles Slowly, it'll come back.