1000Km-621 mile club

rururunner (Read 144 times)

NICE! Congrats!!! Glad to see you beat that bunny down! Big grin Big grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Thanks Time2Run! Last year I came over to runningahead from coolrunning (along with lots of other folks). This is a great site. I noticed these user groups and thought that I might get some benefit by having a goal like 621 miles. Last year I hit 500 miles in the whole year I turned 50 so I thought that 621 miles would be a challenge and a great goal. Well, I guess the thought of the bunny beating me was too hard to take. Either that or my math is bad which actually sounds closer to the truth. Clowning around I really don't know whether its the bunny that did it, but I am very surprised that I hit it so early and that I am enjoying running even more now that I'm doing the longer distances. I feel bad in a way that I got here so early, that certainly wasn't my intent at the beginning of the year. Nonetheless, I'm here and I'm happy! Keep running! Ruth

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Awesome job! Very impressive to finish your annual goal before August. Is 1000 miles your new goal?
          Congratulations! I can't remember where I read it, but it was an article that talked about rather making excuses not to run than you make excuses too run! I think the forums and clubs and the blogging helps me make those excuses. It gives me another reason to keep going, talking and planning my running. 621 is a good goal! Not impossible, but not easy. You have to run every week. 1000 miles! That's a challenge! I hope to see you there too. Good luck to you and Congrats again! Karl
          obiebyke

Nice job, rururunner! Keep going.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)