1000Km-621 mile club

May 4th Weekly Check-In (Read 211 times)

Hi, all. Sorry about not checking in earlier I've been gone since Friday and just now got back. I'll check back in tomorrow after I get some sleep and catch up. Hope everyone had a good week. Big grin Finally getting back to logging my week Mon - 4.05 - Felt good and ran longer and work then usual Tues - - Day off Wed - 4.1 - Speed work - Fun :-) Thurs - 2.08 - No much time to run; so quick Fri - 4.1 - Ran before leaving on vacation....Proud that I got it in before leaving Sat. - 3.01 - At my folks house..... :-) Sun - 4.01 - Ran after a church dinner...bad mistake. :-( Total: 21.3 - I'm pleased with the week! Big grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

AnneCA

Gayle, I was just about to cut in on you. Evil grin Nice to see you! I completely spaced checking in last week, so I'll be happy to see some updates. My week was: M -- 4.2 easy W -- 3.5 easy. Would have been longer, but as I was on my way out the door in the am, DH said, "oh, we're out of milk." And the girls were about to wake up, eager for their cereal. I couldn't leave him alone with them in a milk-less house -- it's not peaceful in our house when the girls don't get their cereal -- so, the first third of this run was me running to Safeway, then jogging back toting a half gallon. Extra points for carrying the half gallon? Th -- Gym, weight day. Yay, time for the gym again! Fr -- 5.3 easy Su -- 6.1 miles, trail, easy. I'm doing my first trail race next Sunday, even though I'm almost exclusively a road runner. So I had to try to get some trail miles in to reassure myself I could do it. Total -- 19.1. Still just behind Cheffy's Hub though! Hope everyone had a good week!
        I didn't check in last week and have been slacking for the last month, but got out for some runs over the weekend. Sat - 5.2 easy Sun - 6.8 long I am getting back into my routine of running Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursady mornings with two runs over the weekend. I need to get back to base building for my half in the fall. Anne - definitely some extra points for running with the milk, but may I suggest getting two half gallons next time to balance the load Wink Good luck in your trail race.
          Great job everyone. I had an ok week, Made my 20 a week goal. ( barely !) This is a great time of year to run, not too many bugs yet, and everything is so green and beautiful.

- Anya

Such a good week last week I took yesterday off!! Loosley translated that's guy talk for I might have done Sunday's Long slow run a little faster than I should have and I needed a recovery day. did 3-3-6-3-6-3-9 = 33 last week and am looking for my first 10 miler of the year this Sunday. hello week 4 of marathon training. So far so good. I'm back on the track today doing an easy run. Good luck to everyone else!
            obiebyke

AWESOME week for me: Sun: 2.52 Tues: 2.58 Thur: 2.68 Sat: 3.12 Total: 10.9 Saturday brought me OVER 100 MILES! And the most mileage in a week ever. Week 5 of OHR complete.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Well I've had a few weeks of 0 miles but I'm ok with it, considering it was wedding then a week in the bahamas! coincidentally my right hip had been bothering me again (piriformis, ugh) but it is now completely pain free so it's all for the best Blush Gayle you are so sweet, I feel so loved since you asked about me too in your list!! haha thanks for noticing my absence. I'll have some miles next week to report!
                Heroes never die. They just reload.
                  I couldn't remember when you would get back....Pictures? Big grin Details? Big grin

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Teresadfp

One day at a time

8.5 miles for me this morning on a pretty hilly loop, and they felt easy! How amazing. For all you newer folks, hang in there. The work pays off! If someone as naturally UNathletic as I am can do this, any healthy person can!
                    AnneCA

Philip -- when's your half? I'm planning to sign up for one that's the first weekend of November. Karl, Teresa and Anya -- Your logs are the pictures of consistency, and so pretty. :lol: Is it possible to have running log envy? Thank you for the inspiration! Obie -- WTG on the 100 miles! Daisy -- happy wedding! You sound exactly as a newlywed should: content and happy.
                        Anne - I'm planning on running the Newport Half in Jersey City, NJ on Sept. 28. I may have to opt for an October half if my vacation plans change though.
                        squeiladee

Hi all. I would like to join this little group if that's ok. Getting a slow start on the year (had a baby in Feb) so the ramp is slow as you can imagine. YTD - 48.1 miles I'll post at the end of the week with my other runs for this week. Got a ways to go to catch that bunny!
                          2008 Goals (not set until April...): 5K Goal: <30 min="" 10k="" goal:=""></30><65 min="" hm="" goal:=""></65><2 hr, 30 min weight goal: 125 (current 148.2) hr,="" 30="" min="" weight="" goal:="" 125="" (current="" 148.2)=""></2 hr, 30 min weight goal: 125 (current 148.2) >
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hi all. I would like to join this little group if that's ok. Getting a slow start on the year (had a baby in Feb) so the ramp is slow as you can imagine. YTD - 48.1 miles I'll post at the end of the week with my other runs for this week. Got a ways to go to catch that bunny!
                            Good luck! You won't believe this, but my race goals are EXACTLY the same as yours!! Amazing. I'll get a chance to break 30 minutes in my 5k race this Sunday. 30:38 is my best so far.
                              squeiladee, so glad to see you join our little group! The year is has a still a long time to go before it's over and I'm sure you will give the bunny a run for his money! Smile Congrats on your new baby! Anne, I'm chasing you now. Evil grin I was thinking about that yesterday when I had to miss my run to an ALL day rain. Sad I agree with Phillip....next time two 1/2 gallons of mile shake? Phillip, I'm planning on my 1/2 on Oct. It will be my first one? Is this going to be your first? I'm still reading and trying to decide on a training plan. Confused Hoping hubby will help me set one up. Anya, I agree with Anne NICE! Do you mind me asking you what boot camp is? Is it a work out DVD? I have several DVD's that I workout to and thought of adding them then but didn't know how since some are cardio and some are strength training. Kark, good luck with your 10 mile race this weekend. obiebyke, Woo Hoo! Congrats! 100 miles and most miles in a week! Sounds like a party to me! Evil grin Good job! Teresa, I'm always so glad to see you post! You inspire me! You have really caught the road on fire and it is burning up. I'm hoping to grow up just like you. Wink MTA: I LOVE your new picture!!!! See ya all later! Gayle

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Gayle! I was glad I finally got a race photo I like well enough to use! Have you looked at Higdon's Novice Plan for HMs? I'm using a modified version of it. It's a 12-week plan, and I started it so early that I'm stretching it out. His maximum run is 10 miles, but I'm trying to get up to 14 so I won't freak out on race day! A lot of the long-distance running thing is mental for me, so I want to be well-prepared. I think the main thing is just to increase your long runs slowly enough that your body doesn't rebel. I'm going to start doing a little speed work and hills, too, I think. Good luck with your training!