1000Km-621 mile club

Sept 21st - Weekly Check-in (Read 143 times)

Hi, all. How is everone doing. The fall weather has sort of come and it has been really nice running lately. The hip is getting better and maybe just maybe there is a bit of hope of chasing the running again. Maybe... Mon - 2 - Jog/Walk Wed - 2 - Easy Run Fri - 2.5 - Jog/Walk Sat - 25 Miles bike Sun - 4 - Jog/Walk Total - 10.5 Yeah - Anohter double digit week!!!!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

nonoruns, Sorry to hear that you've had such a rough summer. You've done great keep up with the running....way to be tough. Geoff, I love spring time running....although our fall running right now it pretty nice too. I hear you posting when injuried. Ugh! I keep trying..... Smile Good luck on your upcoming 1/2. Anya, So sorry to hear our news! Hope you get settled soon and life smooths out for you. Come visit us once in awhile! Phil, how's your 1/2 training going? Where's everyone else? Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Gayle - I'm pleased you're making progress. If you're able to go for a 25 mile bike ride maybe you should change sports Smile Mon - Tue - 16 km Wed - 6 km Thu - 9.5 km Fri - Sat - 20.4 km Sun - 5.1 km Total 57 km My highest weekly mileage, ever. I ran 5km of my Tuesday run at 5:55/km pace (~9:31/mi) so I'm on track to beat my 2:06:14 time in the Auckland HM in November. Just have to keep that pace up for another 16km.

Geoff

TRIing to beat the heat!

Florida has had a touch of "fall-like" weather over the last few days, so I've been getting in more runs outside! Hopefully I can close shop on the treadmill until next summer. Did a lovely 8 miler this morning... with negative splits to boot! Very pleased! Big grin Monday- OFF Tuesday- 5 mile interval + 1.2 mile swim Wednesday- strength train + 18 mile spin class Thursday- 7 mile tempo Friday- 15 mile spin class + 1 mile swim Saturday- 8 mile long run Sunday- 25 mile bike + 2 mile run... " brick" training for triathlon Hope everyone else had a fantastic week!

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL