1000Km-621 mile club

June 1st Weekly Check-in (Read 286 times)

Hello, everyone! How did your week go? It's June and everyone should be running in the warmth now. Hopefully! For me....now I can start complaining about the heat and humidiity. Blush Mon 3.41 - Day off of work...ran with my running partner. Both suffered with heat and humidity Tue 3.62 - Speed work. Humidity is better! Wed 3.32 - Thur 4.05 - Whew! More humid then heat! Blush Fri Day off Sat 7.3 - Long run.... Sun Rain, Rain and more Rain Total: 21.7 - Almost ran in the rain today just to make 100 miles for the month. But then remembered a number is just a number and pulled myself back from the edge. Roll eyes Overall very pleased with my week. Anne, how did your race go? Saw that you PR'd. Woo Hoo! Nice time and pace! obiebyke - How did your race go? I see you have a PR, but you show your quality as a 2? And you show double digits this week for a summary...another record for you? YEAH! Ruth, You doing ok? I don't think you are crazy at all and can do a half in Sept. Your mileage is looking good! Anya, you are leaving in a week? Did I miss something? We will miss you! Karl, nice race! Teresa, you are a running machine! Kevin and Matt, did you guys have a better week? Daisy, how's the newly wed? ikers, Welcome aboard! Did I miss anyone? Hope not.... Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maniac

Better week...Thanks for asking... Tues: 2 miles Thurs: 3 miles Fri: 2 miles Sun: 3 miles Total: 10 miles Obviously, the Bunny is still getting away from me, but not as quickly. You had a good week Gayle...I totally would have run in the rain to get that 100 mile month. You must have more willpower than I do.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Had a better week this week. Memorial Day weekend didn't help my running last week, but I did spend some quality time with the wife and baby. Tried to get back on schedule this week, although I did miss a run on Tuesday. M - off T - missed W - 3.7 easy Th - 3.8 easy F - off Sa - 6.1 easy Su - 8.2 long Total - 21.8 miles I planned on running 9 miles on Sunday, but got a late start and had to cut it short. I'm not used to the heat and humidity of midday and just didn't want to risk dehydration or overheating. I'll need to invest in a hand-held water bottle for my long runs soon. Gayle - great month! I guess 100 is in your near future? Matt - 2 more miles in your week and you'll start gaining on that bunny.
          Hi every one, another disjointed week for me. 3.5 -Tues 6.5 -Wed 3.5 -Thur 3.5 -Fri 1.5 mile fitness test Sat-rest for race Sun -Iron Horse 1/2 Marathon -13.1 (1:52:12) Sunday was a nice day, perfect weather, and a field of around 600 or so. I ran a constant 8:30 something pace for all of the race. I was shooting for under 2 hours and was very happy with my time. What I was not happy with was the chaffing! Like a noob I wore a sleveless top for the first time at around mile 9 I noticed that I was getting sore where my arm brushed against the underarm seam. By mile 11 I was on fire and ripped both arm pits out of the shirt half way down. When I got home, the damage was two welts under each arm the are still sore today! Word to the wize, test all new gear out before you use it in a race!! Tried the "espesso" Hammer gel for the first time, it is cafinated and was easy to eat on the run. The little extra caffine helped through the two uphills on the loop course. Hope everyone esles week went a great as mine!!
            Monday -- bike ride Tuesday -- 2.08 miles Wednesday -- swim lesson Thurdsay -- 2.58 miles Friday -- 3.37 miles Saturday -- nothing Sunday -- 1.32 miles (yay for breathing problems) 9.35 miles.
              Haha...the newlywed is good. The only thing that feels different is I call him "my husband" now which takes some getting used to... I feel like I'm finally getting back on my feet! W 2.12 mi Th 3.03 mi Sat 5K race week = 8.3 So a decent week and a really fun race on saturday! It wasn't officially timed but I ran it in about the same time as my first 5K in january, but this weekend it was blazing hot by the end and very hilly so I don't feel too bad. I got to meet another RA'er which was very fun too, and they had tons of food, gatorade, etc afterwords...all in all a well organized 5K that I would do again. I'm feeling positive again about running a half in october but sticking to my original plan to sign up at the end of this month if my mileage supports it.
              Heroes never die. They just reload.
              AnneCA

M 4.3 T gym, weights etc. W 4.2 R off F 5.3 Sa 2 mi warm-up, 3.1 race Total, 18.9 I posted a race report in the general forum -- yes, I did have a PR, by 5 minutes! Which mostly just tells you that I don't run 5ks. The last one I ran was this same race a year ago. Anyway, my official time was 27:24. I had been secretly hoping for sub-30, so I'm definitely thrilled with what I ended up with! I think the two mile warm-up I ran was really key. Gayle -- thanks so much for keeping track of us all. I like hearing how everyone is doing, and it definitely helps keep me going. As for your running -- close to 100 miles a month! Way to go! Anya -- have a great trip! Matt -- that is a good week, nice consistency. Philip -- good job on the long run despite the heat and humidity. Karl -- Great half marathon! Congrats! Hope the arms recover quickly, that sounds painful. Ikers and Cindy -- good weeks! And great job on the race Cindy.
                obiebyke

Nice job, Anne! And everyone else, of course. Last week was disjointed for me, too. I only ran twice: 3.84 Monday 3.2 Wed Total : 7.04 But the 3.84 was another distance and time record. Woohoo! Yesterday I ran a tough race. See my race report in the general forums. Back to the routine this week (I hope!).

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Did you notice that a 7-year-old is now at the top of the board?
                    obiebyke

Did you notice that a 7-year-old is now at the top of the board?
                      Yes. One who ran over 500 miles last week, it seems. Roll eyes Time for an investigation, Gayle?

I think it's high time that someone de-throned Terisa!!! And any 7 year old that can run 0:18 second miles is ok by me! All hail king Cammy!!! Big grin
                        Teresadfp

One day at a time

I think it's high time that someone de-throned Terisa!!! And any 7 year old that can run 0:18 second miles is ok by me! All hail king Cammy!!! Big grin
                          Thanks, lol! Big grin
                            I saw that and went WOW! My first thought was to kick....then my second thought was to leave it alone for a day or two to see if someone clicked to many buttons. Just in case.... So I'm waiting....tapping fingers on desk.....waiting.....

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Nice job, Anne! And everyone else, of course. Last week was disjointed for me, too. I only ran twice: 3.84 Monday 3.2 Wed Total : 7.04 But the 3.84 was another distance and time record. Woohoo! Yesterday I ran a tough race. See my race report in the general forums. Back to the routine this week (I hope!).
                              I thought your log showed double digits this last week? Confused

obiebyke

I thought your log showed double digits this last week? Confused
                                Definitely not. Not sure what you saw. I wish!