1000Km-621 mile club

Feb 1st - Jan is gone....how is your running? (Read 505 times)

1/12 of the year is gone.....is the bunny in your sights?  Are you ahead of your goal?  Or are you planning a sneak attack later in the year? 

I'm basically on track of what I was wanting to do for Jan.  Feb I hope to improve my mileage a bit more since I have a 1/2 marathon on April 2nd.  But first the weather is going to have to clear up a bit for me to get back outside.  We had a WONDERFUL Sat at 66 degrees and only little bits of snow left.  Then this massive ice/snow storm has hit us and we are buried in ice and snow.  YUCK!

Good luck on your running and run injury free!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

well, I am about 9 miles behind the bunny but I am focused on catching back up and getting a bit of a lead again by the end of February!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Ahead of the bunny, behind on my goals, and wishing this snow would stop for a while so I can get some more miles in!  It's not so much the weather itself that bugs me - I'll run in just about anything - it's the time it takes to clean up after each "event", which eats into my running time. 

obiebyke

I'm well behind the bunny but building mileage. I have hope that I'll catch up in the other 11/12 of the year! Unless it keeps blizzarding... Wink

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

So staying healthy didn't last long. Had the flu for the past week and the week before that was a crazy week. I need a different life.  I guess that's what happens when you work in the school system(typhoid central). So I am behind the bunny but I plan on upping the kms and creeping upon him.

Maggie & Molly

I hear ya.  I was sick last week which is why my mileage was zero!!  I think that one more run will get me back on page one anyway. Joking

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Running safely

I was ahead of the bunny all month until today. It slipped past me by .1 mile. But, I have not run yet today, so I will ease back in the lead. Then I have a long run planned for tomorrow. That will get me a good buffer again.

Basically I am right on schedule. I just hope I don't stub my toe since I don't have much of a lead.

How is everyone doing?  We have had big snow storms here and it's been treadmill and stair running.  UGH!  I'm ahead of the bunny, but behind my goals.  Phewie!

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Running safely

I am doing great at the moment (but it is summer here). I missed my run this morning. I am a few miles ahead of the bunny. I will make up for it tomorrow.

I had a pretty violent looking crash on my bike today, but fortunately I don't think anything is broken. I have some very sore spots. Tomorrow will reveal a whole lot more. I think I may have bruised a rib or two. It hurts to take a deep breath. Probably won't bother me on my run in the morning since I never seem to breath deep enough while running to feel like it is easy. :-)

While I know anything can happen over the course of a year, this is the first time in a couple of years I have felt good about my running. I just need to get back down about 20 lbs where I was a couple of years ago when things started falling apart.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had a pretty violent looking crash on my bike today, but fortunately I don't think anything is broken. I have some very sore spots. Tomorrow will reveal a whole lot more. I think I may have bruised a rib or two. It hurts to take a deep breath. Probably won't bother me on my run in the morning since I never seem to breath deep enough while running to feel like it is easy. :-)

Oh no...bike OK, too?  Be careful about the bruised ribs...they could be cracked.  That makes me nervous that you're having issues with deep breaths.  Might be a good idea to see a doc about that--just to play it safe.  Hope it's nothing.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Maggie & Molly

one more run and I should be back on page one!!

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Running safely

Oh no...bike OK, too?  Be careful about the bruised ribs...they could be cracked.  That makes me nervous that you're having issues with deep breaths.  Might be a good idea to see a doc about that--just to play it safe.  Hope it's nothing.

It isn't that serious. Its just that I feel my rib pain when I breath deeply. I wouldn't say "I have trouble breathing."

I made it through my run this morning, but I am going to be sore for a few days.

Good job, Cheri....page one bound!

dpeach, hope you are feeling better.....I've have a few nasty bike crashes and it me a bit to come back.  The worst part was the road rash that hurts to bad to even have clothes touch it.  *shudder*

Maggie & Molly

woohoo - make on page one, just 2 miles behind the bunny - tomorrow's run should take care of that!!!!!  I will then have met my goal of catching up and then passing the bunny again before the end of February!!!!!

I am right in front of the bunny.  Now if I can only stay there!

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Woo Hoo!!!!