1000Km-621 mile club

July 28 -- Weekly Check-In (Read 195 times)

AnneCA

Good Monday Morning! I swear I posted last week, but it's not there. Must've been one of those posts I wrote in my head and never got around to actually posting. Black eye Anyway, hope everyone had a good week, avoided the heat, nursed injuries, etc. And ran! when possible. My week was: M -- 4.2 easy T -- gym, weights W -- 6 easy, w/some striders toward the end R -- 2 treadmill, then some weights F -- 4.5 easy Sa -- 7.25 trail Total 24. Shocked Never thought I'd be here. I'm actually going to set my sights on the 1000 mile bunny, even if he is pretty far ahead of me now. But with my HM in November, I should be able to gain on him. We'll see. Although that forum doesn't do weekly check-ins and such, and while the bunny has been motivating, I think this group has been even better motivation. Cherrie -- nice to see you back! Hope you're feeling good. Ruth -- Congrats!!! Teresa -- Can I congratulate you now? Wink You're pretty much there! Ikers -- hope you're feeling better soon! Obie -- hope Portland was good for running. Did you get to run in . . . is it Forest Park? I hear it's amazing. Gayle -- I like to see that consistent run-walk logging. That seems like such a great way to get back into things. Looking forward to hear how everyone is doing!
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Anne! I should be there by the end of next week. Good luck with the 1000-mile bunny! You'll make it! I ran 5.4 miles this morning with my ankle taped up, and it felt OK. I'll do 4 on Wednesday, 1 on Friday, and then do my 10K race on Saturday. I've had to lower my expectations - now I'll just do the best I can, walking when necessary. It's a beautiful race course - it ends at the Portland Head Light - the lighthouse you see on posters and stamps all the time. There's usually a cool breeze off the ocean for part of the race. It will still be a warm one, probably.
        I'm going to join in here if you don't mind M - Yoga xtrain T - Easy 3.64 miles w - Easy 5.22 miles Th - Yoga xtrain Friday - off Sat - Race 5K 3.1 miles Sun - off Was a low week for me mileage wise, but I wanted to make sure I was ready for the 5K. Hope to get some more miles in this week Good luck Teresa on your 10K. You're my inspiration
        Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers
          Not a bad week, but I had a 5k scheduled for Wednesday night that was cancelled due to severe thunderstorms. M - off T - 4.4 easy W - 5k (cancelled) Th- off F- 4.9 easy S- 10.4 long Su - 4 jogging stroller Total - 23.7 miles Not bad, but missed out on some miles due to the race being cancelled.
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Philip, your daughter is adorable! I love your profile photo.
              Quick run through..... AC went out yesterday and the repairman didn't make it out until late today. It's hot and I'm one tired puppy! I got 6 count that 6 miles in this week. Two of the runs hurt, but Sat was pretty good. Monday - 2 miles Thurs - 2 miles Sat - 2 miles Sunday - biking - 20 miles. I'm pretty sure that I am not going to run the 1/2 marathon in Oct. This will take a lot of pressure off of me not to stress on my "training" and trying to get miles in. I'll just work on getting back into running, maybe try and do more biking to keep my fitness up. This has me really depressed since this is the race I've been keying off on the entire year. But hey, it's not like I'm giving up I'm just trying to be smart so I can continue to run and enjoy it rather then stress and really hurt myself. So Phil, I'm going to have to live through your training and 1/2......So keep me informed.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Good Morning Everyone and Salutations! Gayle good to see you logging miles and getting healthy Teresa- so so close to the 1000 km's, take it easy on Saturday and good luck My week was nice, no pain, running slower and focusing on good form. Mon - 3'ish Tues- 3' ish Wed - 6' ish Thurs- 3 Friday 6 and some change Sat - Rest ...Car trip to New Jersy for crab cakes and Sweet Jersy corn! Sun - Suposted to run 9, but my sister in law gave me bad info and ended up running 10...no water stops... Gasp! The bunny, well...he's getting closer every day. Later folks enjoy the road and keep bloging! Karl
                obiebyke

Hey all! I'm back from Portland. My running routes were pretty boring--Reed isn't in the best part of the city. But I got three runs in and posted double digits! Tues: 3.58 Thur: 4 Sat: 2.61 Total: 10.19 miles Don't slow down, folks. Seems, from the posts on the forum, like the midyear doldrums are kicking in. We can do it! Keep at it!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Okay. i'm going to post what i'm doing just to keep semi-accountable here. i'm almost done with this round of PT, and i don't think it's working. That means an injection. i'm not looking forward to it, but it'll mean i can try running for a month until something else goes wrong. i am ridiculous. M - nothing T - nothing W - nothing R - nothing F - 39 minutes in the pool SA - 12.94 miles on my bike SU - nothing i was kind of mopey last week.
                      OK - week started out for me better than it ended. I took a nice spill on Saturday on the way to a wedding. Torn pants and skinned knee aside - I came out of that with a mild ankle sprain, which more or less canceled my long run and several this week so far. Here's what I managed to pull off: M - 2.06 T - 3.1 W - 2.06 R - off F - 3.1 S - off S - off With proper cool down - 11.1 miles total. Not great, but not bad either.
                        Okay. i'm going to post what i'm doing just to keep semi-accountable here. i'm almost done with this round of PT, and i don't think it's working. That means an injection. i'm not looking forward to it, but it'll mean i can try running for a month until something else goes wrong. i am ridiculous. i was kind of mopey last week.
                        Not ridiculous but mopey I understand! Everytime I start really enjoying myself....not hurting to run then I end up hurting something else. Most of it is stupid stuff if I had just THOUGHT it out. Dang! So don't give up! We can be semi-benched and mopey together! Wink MTA: Can't spell Roll eyes

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Anne, GREAT JOB on setting your sites on the 1,000 mile goal. Woo Hoo! I'm/We are cheering you on! I was hoping to catch you and now..... I'm cheering you on! As far as weekly check-in's....just start a thread and see what happens.. Evil grin I think Obie was the one that suggested it here. Smile Teresa, cheering you on and waiting to see what happens with your 10K this weekend! Take it easy on that ankle. Tonight I see the light so I'm hoping to be joining you in the running again (maybe). I got my jog/walk in and my hip is not KILLING me like usual. There's hope. Take the pressure off of the 1/2 marathon and relax a bit and not worry about mileage or "running" the entire time seems to be agreeing with me. (Heavy Sigh) scubagrrl, don't mind at all. Big grin Looks like you had a good race and a good week. Thank you for sharing. It is very helpful for me to see what others are doing day in and day out. Makes me feel not so alone in my non-running world. Smile Phil, pretty good week with you missing a race and being a great dad and taking Grace out in the jogging stoller. Big grin That was one of the things my hubby really enjoyed when the kids were growing up and running with them. Enjoy it! Karl, hold that bunny back! Don't let him catch us! Cry Obie, so glad to see you back! Your posts always make me smile! Denise, sorry about the spill....ouch! Noticed you made a second double digit week. Woo Hoo! Not bad at all! To quote Obie.....keep it up! We can do it!