1000Km-621 mile club

March 2nd Weekly Check-In (Read 260 times)

Weather has been SO much warmer here. Loving it! How's every else's weather doing? Snow going away yet? Mon - 3.33 - Nice easy run in 58 degree weather Tue - 3 - 1 mile warmup, 1 mile time trial, 1 mile cool down at University of Arkansas class Wed - Off - Cross training Thur - 2.5 - Easy Fri - Off - Lunch with co-worker Sat - 4 - Run with Cheri - WONDERFUL weather Sun - 3.5 - run with Cheri - Warm but windy Weekly total - 16.3 - the 20 mile week still avoids me, but I'm pleased. The one time time trail at 8:31 made/makes me very happy! Big grin How's eveyrone else doing? Anne, I'm going to have to log stalk and see how you did this week and see if I lost ground to you. Blush Chizzy, I hope your week went better and you was able to get back into it? How's everone else doing? Kelli? ikers? HwyChld? Ruth? Teresa? You back now that you are not skiing? Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Gayle! I loved the new addition to the home page! Big grin This past week: Mon: 3 mi in AM & then tkd in evening. Twisted my knee a bit during tkd class... Black eye Tues: 2 cautious, easy miles on the TM. Wed: 3 miles, then tkd Thurs: slept poorly (feeling sick). no running, though I did help in a tkd class. Fri: not feeling up to running, so I go to tkd and then cross-train on the stationary bike & elliptical trainer Sat: feeling GREAT, and want to run 4 miles at the lake. Only had time to do 2, and then had to come back and do the other 2 on the TM at night. Sun: off Total: 12 miles, some crosstraining, a minor injury, fighting off a cold (successfully!), and feeling like I handled this week well. At least the bunny didn't gain this week! Made a mistake today - started re-reading some of Lydiard's stuff. Darn it! That guy keeps inspiring me to try to run more miles... Shocked Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

I love the new forum bunny! Mon: 2.7 mi Wed: 3.8 mi Fri: 3.3 mi Sat: 3.8 mi Sun: biked 9.3 mi Weekly total 13.5 miles. I had a bit of a bonk on Saturday and ended up walking the last .8 mi. All in all, I made my goals for the week. I mixed up the runs a bit since I was just coming back from a bad cold. I'm still way behind the bunny, but I still have 10 months to catch him!
        Have you got a flag?
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for asking, Gayle! I had my best week ever for mileage - 26.1. I can't believe nothing hurts! Sunday - 5.3 on TM Monday - 3.4 outisde (hooray) - kind of hilly Tuesday - 3.5 miles outside again! Tried to push harder than usual Thursday - 3.3 on TM Friday - 3.1 on TM Saturday - 7.5 on TM (longest I've ever gone non-stop). TM is getting old, but nothing I can do about it! We've gotten close to 100 inches of snow so far this winter. I ran 88.7 miles in February, another record. Right now, I'm JUST ahead of the 1000-mile bunny! I can tell that will be a constant battle, though, so I'm not sure I can keep up THAT pace. The forum bunny is pretty terrifying! Keep up the good work, everyone! Teresa

Renee the dog

21.3 mi that broke out: T 4, TH 4.3, S 4.5 Su 8.5 I'm 1 mo out from our local 10 miler, and feeling good about having a great time at the distance. I can't believe I'm back to 20 mi weeks, even though I'm still rather sleep deprived. It feels good.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Maggie & Molly

Morning all ~~ Mon - no run Tues - 2 easy miles on the TM Wed - 2 easy mileson the TM Thurs - no run Fri - 5 miles on TM (2.5 in the am and 2.5 in the pm) Sat - no run Sun - 2.5 on the TM (slightly faster than 'easy') so that's 11.5 for the week. No knee pain so I'm a happy girl. I'll slowly, very slowly increase the miles until I get back up around 20.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
              Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I loved the new addition to the home page! Big grin ........tkd class...
                Thanks! I love him....can't tell that can you. Roll eyes I'm going to have to send you an email and ask you about tkd class. I met a lady who was training for her black belt last year and just had TONS of good things to say about tkd. I don't want to start with it this summer....love being outside to much. But I'm been thinking about it for over a year, so it might be time to ask some questions and see what happens.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

My best week yet, 11.1 miles total. I've got a race in 2 weeks and I ramped things up a bit. I'm feeling the effects of this now, but oddly it's my upper body that's achy -- my legs are just fine. Tonight is a short, easy 2-mile loop, just to stretch out and also because I can't go tomorrow - otherwise I'd do nothing tonight but sit on the couch. Tongue

Michelle

AnneCA

Gayle, if you checked my log, you saw what kind of week I had! I AM SO READY TO BE HEALTHY AGAIN! After trying to keep some miles in even while sick earlier this month, I finally exceeded capacity, and threw in the towel this last week. I'll run with a head cold, but feverish for almost a week and I'm staying on the couch. Ugh. I dropped to page 2 on the YTD distance page, so that's some motivation, heh heh. I did get out there for an easy 3 today, and hopefully I will stay on the road to recovery and get back on page 1 soon. Don't get cocky, Bunny! Anyway, Gayle -- you had a great week! Teresa -- WTG on your mileage!! Don't sell yourself short on that 1000 mile goal! Happy running to everyone else! Any other dawn patrol runners out there? We've got to enjoy this morning sunshine for the next week, since we'll lose it again with DST next weekend!
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

Thanks! I love him....can't tell that can you. Roll eyes I'm going to have to send you an email and ask you about tkd class. I met a lady who was training for her black belt last year and just had TONS of good things to say about tkd. I don't want to start with it this summer....love being outside to much. But I'm been thinking about it for over a year, so it might be time to ask some questions and see what happens.
                      Sure, Gayle! I'd be happy to. Let me know if you need the address again. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

Last week was my first week back after taking a week off. Thu - 5.1 Sat - 6.3 Saturdays run was the longest run I have done to date, and it felt great. Since I am still getting over my back problem I have not been strength training. I have noticed that my running has become much easier since I am not worn out from lifting. I plan on continuing to run 3 times a week for the next three weeks, with mileage between 4-6 miles per run. If that goes well I think I will work on adding a fourth day. I am still pretty new to this, started in October, so I want to make sure I don't add to quickly.
                        talie

trying to beat the bunny

I ran for the first time in two weeks and most of the run felt great. I hurt my knee two weeks ago and just when it was feeling better I got the flu. ARRGGHHH. Unfortunately right near the end my stupid knee did the same thing it did two weeks ago. I'm supposed to do a 10K this weekend so I'm really bummed. Sad To make matters worse that darn bunny has left me behind. sigh
                          Natalie

2008 goals -5% spring weightloss goal - 126 lbs.
                          - run 1000K
                          - run a couple of 10Ks, maybe a half???