1000Km-621 mile club

Aug 3rd - Weekly Check-In (Read 166 times)

Hi, all. How's it going? Running this week was mixed success. Mon - off Tues - 3.04 miles Wed - off Thurs - 3.33 miles Fri - off Sat 3 miles Sun - off Total - 9.4 Tues and Thurs was not to bad. My hip hurt but not bad. Yesterday was a different story, by the time I drove home I had had to scoot out and lift my right leg out of the vehicle since it hurt so much. The funny part is on Tues and Thurs I started the run in a bit of pain and finished in a bit of pain. Sat. I had NO pain or aches or anything for at least 1/4 of a mile. On the good side I got 9 WHOLE miles in! Yeah! So this week's question is: what keeps you going? What motivates you to lace up your shoes? I love that feeling of satisfaction and feeling of knowing I'm doing something for myself that is good and right even if it's been a difficult run. Smile

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Mon - 5.4 miles Tues - off Wed - 4.1 miles Thurs - off Fri - off Sat - 10K race in 1:09:02, a 10:06 improvement over last year! Total: 15.7 miles Best news - my ankle feels perfect today, better than it has in two months! Bizarre. MTA: What motivates me? Feeling 10 years younger than I did before I started running! Looking at photos and not cringing. The high I get after I run. The enjoyment of running races with my friend.
        Gayle-Nice work this week!! Make sure that you are taking good care of that hip with lots of stretching, icing, and strengthening. Teresa-Awesome job on the race!!! Great news about the ankle!! Well I had a crappy week!! I was out for 5.1 miles for the week. I am not quite sure what the deal is lately!! As for motivation I am not quite sure right now where mine is and so I am not sure what is getting me out the door for what little I am. I have to find it again!!!

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

Teresa! congrats! Nice 10k and nice bunny smack-down! My week was lazy and laid back, I went camping on Friday and took the week off. No real excuse like injury or illness, just didn't feel like running whilst camping Weekly total 15.3 miles. This week is starting out the same...life seems to be making running not a priority. Good luck keep blogging...and jogging!
            Just wanted to let you know that I got out for 3.1 miles this morning and they were feeling pretty good.

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

Got a 3.1 miler in last week on Friday. I didn't want to push the ankle too much. It seemed fine, so we'll see what happens this week.