1000Km-621 mile club

It's almost May........... (Read 229 times)

....and where are you at?  Ahead of the bunny?  Injured? Or are you way ahead of that dratted rodent?

Share?  Share......! 

I'm doing well but not as well as I had hoped to be.  I was really wanting to turn on the after burners this year but .....  I started speed works and hurt myself.  Bruised heel and pulled hamstring cut my mileage way back.  Once I got back from that I got this horrid stomach flu which took LOTS out of me.  Yuck! 

I ran my first race this year this weekend in pouring down rain.  I did not PR but ran a good race.  This weekend I have a 10K scheduled.  Didn't plan on doing these two back to back but they moved the 10K up from last year and it is what it is.  After that I have a 1/2 scheduled for June which I don't feel at all ready for.

So where are you at? 

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

I'm not doing as well as I had hoped either.  Been sidelined with the flu as well.  It was nasty and I am having a tough time coming back.   I was in front of the bunny before getting sidelined but I am slowly working my way back.

I have a 12.5k coming up May 23rd.  It's the 5th leg of an 8 leg relay run.  The first 4k's are all uphill. UGH! then June for my 1/2.  I need to get back to training.

Every time I inch up close to the bunny I either have a cut back week or some other issue.  I've been having some hellacious calf cramps that have knocked me down a few times.  I just started running with compression sleeves on my calves and so far things are better.  Oh well, I figure if I can just keep the bunny in sight, I should pass the blasted animal in the second half of the year as my weekly mileage increases.

Corrina, I'm sorry you are having a difficult time come back....you've had your share of bad luck.  I'm still think this year will be much better for you. Now what you mean by that flu...it took a lot out of me too.  Ugh!

HnP, my first thought reading your post was you could blast that blasted wrabbit.....it would slow him down. 

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Looks like the bunny has been my running partner for the last few weeks.