1000Km-621 mile club

Ahem! (Read 378 times)

I think some people are in the wrong group, ahem, running 10 miles on the first and another 13 on the second and third of Jan (combined). What do you think - this is a race to the finish to see who can get there first? Tongue Glad to have you around for motivation and to keep me on my toes! Cool
      I think some people are in the wrong group, ahem, running 10 miles on the first and another 13 on the second and third of Jan (combined). What do you think - this is a race to the finish to see who can get there first? Tongue
      Yeah, I totally agree here - all of you in the 50's, go join the 1000 miler group, please? You're making me feel bad about just keeping up with the bunny. Geeez.
      My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
        Sorry - I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad... Honestly! I'm just trying to beat the bunny! Tongue I know that this has been a rather heated point of discussion on the forums lately. If I can continue to stay healthy and keep running the 20-25mpw distances and paces that I have been recently, I will gladly get outta here and tough it out in the 1000 mile group! Last year, being a newbie, I was plagued by a number of injuries and illnesses, so I wasn't sure that, at the rate I had been going, that 1000 miles would be possible. At the rate that things are going now, it shouldn't be a problem... but it IS only the 3rd week in January! Like I said - If I can sustain this effort for a few more weeks, I will certainly be setting my sights on the 1000+ mark... and staying healthy, of course! Best of luck to everyone and good luck with your running goals this year!
          Hollansk, You were not the target of that post!!! Yes, you are faster than the pace-bunny (I am too, so far!), but you are a new runner who is only a bit faster than the pace-bunny and if you are debating between 1000 KM and 1000 mile for the year, I say join both and go for it - you totally belong here and we like having you. (If you hit 2500 miles in Dec, then we will make definately fun of the fact that you totally underestimated your miles!) I was pointing towards the high-school XC\tracksters who are running 40-50 miles a week and ran 2000 miles last year. At least looking at your log and hearing about your newness and injury\illness, I have no question you belong. (As long as you want to, that is!) Oh, and dont hurt yourself trying to keep up with any bunny! That will set you farther back!
            Sorry - I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad... Honestly! I'm just trying to beat the bunny! Tongue I know that this has been a rather heated point of discussion on the forums lately. If I can continue to stay healthy and keep running the 20-25mpw distances and paces that I have been recently, I will gladly get outta here and tough it out in the 1000 mile group! Last year, being a newbie, I was plagued by a number of injuries and illnesses, so I wasn't sure that, at the rate I had been going, that 1000 miles would be possible. At the rate that things are going now, it shouldn't be a problem... but it IS only the 3rd week in January! Like I said - If I can sustain this effort for a few more weeks, I will certainly be setting my sights on the 1000+ mark... and staying healthy, of course! Best of luck to everyone and good luck with your running goals this year!
            Hey there - sorry about my post. In re-reading it sounded much more harsh than I anticipated Smile I was mostly poking fun and I'm very envious that you can do so many miles a week! I'm a new runner too - but luckly (and knock on wood) I haven't had one injury yet. I consider myself pretty lucky in that regard. I can't imagine getting myself motivated after having been injured, I can barely get up early to get on with my run and I'm healthy! Smile Anyway, again my apologies Smile Kimmer
            My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
              Oh, I see... you meant 40-50 miles per week! Shocked I don't think that I will be running that much this year.. I would definately end up injured again.
                Oh, I see... you meant 40-50 miles per week! Shocked I don't think that I will be running that much this year.. I would definately end up injured again.
                I dont have a specific cut-off in mind (number of miles a week\year or number of years running or number of miles last year). If I were to make an algorithm for calculating appropriateness of membership in the style of Teen Magazine, it would go something like this: Cool Give yourself one point for every line you check off. - You are newish to running - You are coming off injury\illness - You have not recently run significantly more than 1K Km in a year - You think you may run or have a goal of running anything around 1000 Km this year - You want to join a virtual group to cheer virtual friends on - You want to challenge a pace bunny who averages 12 miles a week - You think you belong If you scored 0 points: Membership doubtful. Why are you even here? 1 point: Questionable membership. Carefully weigh the oh-so-serious implications of joining this group. 2-4 points: Possibly appropriate Try joining and see how you like it. 5-6 points: Definately the place for you! 7 points: Why are you even reading this? There is no question. 8 points: I question your ability to count miles. If you are still reading this, you definantely belong because you appreciate my really lame, failed attempts at humor.
                  I giggled so hard when I read that that I nearly choked on my coffee!! Now I'm having to think of a way to explain to my boss why I am laughing so hard at quarter past 9 when quite clearly I should be working and thus having no fun at all!! Big grin
                  "Tough times don't last but tough people do." - A.C. Green