1000Km-621 mile club

New Year! Clean Slate! 2012! (Read 460 times)

Hey all,

Yep I'm back in this year as well.  Haven't made the goal since I have joined what is it now 3 years?  Oh well, my goal is to make it with out injuries this year.  I have some 1/2 marathon races in mind and hoping to get them done this year.

Welcome to all the new commers.  This is a great place to hang out.

Corrina

Jennie: I'm sure you'll have a fantastic year. Do you run with your dog?

I occasionally run with him. This will be hard to believe if you look at my pace in my log, but he slows me down too much! He's really big -- 95 pounds of puppy love -- and just doesn't have enough endurance to go for more than a couple miles. He's good company when he can hang in there though, and keeps the mountain lions away! (or so I hope, anyway)

Jennie

Silver Falls Half Marathon 11/3/2019 Goals:

1. Don't fall.

2. Finish.

3. See #1 and #2.

under a rock

I'm finally chasing the bunny after that cute little rascal chewed me up and spit me out last year. It will be slow going recovering from my plethora of boo boo's but I'm determined to have that bunny's hide this year.

Hello, Gábor....I haven't talked to you in awhile and of course I remember you.  How did the inline skating go last year?  If I remember correctly you were putting in the running miles until the came time for the skating season and I lost track of you.  Good luck on the HM....make sure you let us know when it gets close.

Jennifer, welcome back.  Good luck on the whole bunny chasing thing this year....consistancy is a difficult item to obtain.  What race are you tryng get in with the lottery?  Good luck!

Cherri, QUIT it!  This is YOUR year!  Illness is NOT allow....there did that help?

Mimi, Welcome....nice to see another face.  It has been very nice weather for Jan.  Although it's fixing to change and change fast.  What did you do to your right shoulder that made it so mad?

Corrina, Wecome back!  It is so nice to see you again!  Injury free seems like an excellant goal this year.  I think you and Cherri have both been jinxed.  So I need to change the theme to a C&C year!  Cherri and Corrina year!  That dratted rabbit owes both of you....taking advange of injuried runners.

Ashley, you are in the bunny race!  You ran yesterday!  Woo Hoo!  Congrats!  How do you feel?  No injury!  Just injury healing!  Good luck in this new year.

Good luck everyone!  Run strong.

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Maggie & Molly

ha, thanks Gayle, but no miles for me yet this year.  I will get there though I am, if nothing else, stubborn. Big grin

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I angered my shoulder by poorly executing some kettle bell cleans at CrossFit. Finally starting to feel a bit better and now we're supposed to get winter for reals. Sign.
              Dutchie42

After a couple of days with a bad headache (hormonal), I'm back to normal and ran my first 5K (on the TM) of the year... actually first 5K since last September. Feeling pretty pleased with myself Joking

Jennie: I occasionally run with my dachshund Spike. He slows me down too, he's one speedy dog, I can't keep up when he runs, unfortunately, he loves to sniff&dig. Especially when he knows we're headed for home. And believe me, he KNOWS when we've passed the halfway mark of any loop we run. My other dog Spooky is amazing. She comes along for every outside run. She even trained for two marathons with me (I only ran one).

ETA: I'm already half a marathon behind the pink monster... Got at least 11 months to catch up, should be doable Wink

Dutchie
                Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

Where is everybody? Assume your are all too busy running?

Not much running last week Sad Hoping to do better this week. Started the week off with a bang: was in Brussels on Sunday/Monday, so my first run ever in the streets of Brussels is in the bank. A whopping 4.5 kilometers. And I wasn't slower than I am on the TM. So that is a very good sign in my book.

Dutchie

Maggie & Molly

i ran 2 miles on Monday and will run again this morning.  Finally!!!!

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

And I wasn't slower than I am on the TM. So that is a very good sign in my book.

I am slower on the TM than outside. It's probably just mental. I ran for about 2.5 years outside before I ever used a TM.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Maggie & Molly

well, I'm running.  Feeling ok and running.  I'll take it.  I am already quite behind the bunny but I figure if I keep chipping away I'll catch up.  fingers crossed that my rough start to the New year was just that a rough start and now I can move forward injury/illness free. 

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Dutchie42

Yesterday was a rainy doggie run with Spikey&Spooky before class. This morning was my first run of the year with Spooky only: 5.71 kilometers in windy but dry weather. It didn't feel easy. With all my TM running off late, I'd forgotten that strong winds need strong legs Wink

Cherrie: as long as were out there regularly, we're doing OK.

Meg: I don't mind the TM, as long as there's a movie to watch and loud music with a good beat to run on.

Dutchie

Today was a totally lazy day.....no running and was a total couch potato.  Blush  Had a long run scheduled yesterday, but with a series of mishaps it didn't go so well....and today I just couldn't face the heavy winds.

Monday starts a new week.....onward. Smile

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

Dutchie42

It was one of those crispy windless and moonless mornings, when the bike path is frozen over and I can't tell where it's slippery. Very nice 5.1 kilometer run, though I was forever afraid of slipping and falling. Silly me. Spooky didn't seem bothered at all.
                              Quads were sore from yesterday's ZWOD w/o. Made my run a little difficult in the first half.

Dutchie

Thanks Gayle - in fact I've put in quite some skating last year, almost reached my yearly 1000km target.

However, raising a true racer boy is bad for any sporting activity. I spend a lot of time at the icerink (passively) and most of the weekends travelling to races and frankly don't feel the urge to go out Sad This clearly shows if you look at my logs of October-November - quite some drop, right? Smile But as long as he enjoys it (and earns tons of medals) it is worth it Smile

Last year I picked out a HM properly scheduled at the end of October and then with only 2 weeks to go they cancelled it Sad Then picked another one and fell ill 3 days before the start. Maybe I shouldn't plan so far ahead this year Big grinBig grin

Hello, Gábor....I haven't talked to you in awhile and of course I remember you.  How did the inline skating go last year?  If I remember correctly you were putting in the running miles until the came time for the skating season and I lost track of you.  Good luck on the HM....make sure you let us know when it gets close.